Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Healthy Options for DH's *HUGE* Sweet Tooth

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    I didn't read through all of the responses, but since you mention that he loves cake, you can make cakes/muffins etc with applesauce as the sweetener. See example: Applesauce Carrot Cake Recipe this does have 1/2 cup sugar, but its a 16 serving cake.
  2. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    I also have a huuuuuuge sweet tooth. I know people always say that, but I am one of those people who will actually get out of my house JUST to go buy a candy bar. Its a hard habit to break, but I try.

Currently whats working for me is making these things:

Sweet Things / Apple Pie Bites - but with only a teeny bit of the roll to wrap around, not like a whole crescent.

Sweet Things / Skinny Oreo Cookies and Cream Milkshake -small portion (havent tried it yet, but I will be at some point)

similar to: Sweet Things / "Use Cool Whip Free, skim milk, and 1 oreo per serving. 1 points plus." -- When I was pregnant, I was OBSESSED with cookies & cream milkshakes... I think this one would have saved me a few pounds.

Sweet Things / Grilled dessert: banana s'mores - try with half a banana...but I hate banana so I dunno

Currently my fav: Sweet Things / - apples + cinnamon + oven @ 200 degrees = homemade apple chips. Yum! The baking of the apple makes it super sweet (I suggest using red delicious), sprinkle a teeeeeeensy bit of sugar, and a bunch of cinnamon- yum!

Thank you for that last one! YUM
  3. cuz i'm wonderful
    cuz i'm wonderful
    Vegan baking tends to cut out a lot of that. You can use bananas and silken tofu as a replacement for eggs. I can't remember what they use to substitute butter. I always just limit as opposed to eliminate. We are hardwired animals, with a little effort we can "change" our cravings to something healthier. If he starts switching out for something healthier every time a craving hits, eventually he won't really crave it anymore. That's how the whole diet for soda, healthy food for McDonalds thing works. It's all really chemical.

I'm disastrously sick right now, so none of this probably makes any sense. Either way, good luck!
  4. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    another one that i hear is good is this cracker and chocolate recipe. I for the life of me can't find it, but you basically put chocolate over saltines and bake.... supposed to be low fat. My MIL made them and they were awesome!

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    This is a great thread!!! I have a horrible sweet tooth (as in I have left my apartment in the middle of the night to go buy candy) which just gets worse when I'm studying. I've been really trying to cut back on the sugar but have been having a really hard time. These ideas sound great!!!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Honey sticks are a favorite by me. Tons of good flavors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12