Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Cake in a jar help

1. Regular Member

Cake in a jar help

Advertisements
    I attempted to make cake in a jar tonight, and followed the directions I found online. When it came time to take them out of the oven I promptly sealed them while they're were still hot. None of the jars ended up making a "pop" sound as they cooled. I can visually see that one of them did pop at some point because the button on the top is popped but this didn't happen with any of the other ones. Does this mean they didn't seal? What could have gone wrong?
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I think as long as they physically popped then you're fine. Sometimes they don't pop as loud as you expect them to.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Regular Member
    I just tried to open one of them that showed no indication of popping, after I got the ring off it was very hard to get the lid of and then when I did it made a suction noise so maybe they did seal...