Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: HCG DIet Support and Recipes

1. I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    I'm an enlisted 6-star General, Air Coast Force Guard
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    Well yeah, but without the ice. I don't need the extra calorie!!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Fort Campbell but moving to Grafenwoehr Germany Nov 9th 2010!

WOW..unneccesarily rude!

First off, let me say I did not post this thread for people to give me their negative opinions about the diet. If any of you ignorant people would like to actually see a doctor about this diet instead of believing every little thing you are reading on a website, than you wouldn't be making the comments.

I actually eat very healthy every day, most of the time protein, vegetables, fruit, and sugar-free or low cal snacks. I drink 96 ounces of water a day and take vitamins. Basically the CORRECT healthy way to eat. The shots change alot of things about way your body stores fat and processes calories.

And for the person who commented that "of course I am not losing anymore," that is by choice not because my body is in starvation mode. You are supposed to take a break on the diet about every 6 weeks so that is what I am doing. Also my post was about anyone else struggling with cravings or getting past a plateau, and I am sorry, anybody who diets and exercises, not matter HOW, is going to hit a plateau.

I may eat less than YOUR baby, but that is okay because your baby needs food to grow..duh! I on the other hand am tired of extra weight, and have made a healthy choice on changing my eating habits.

And if you would do some more research you would learn more about the diet, and that you don't eat 550 calories forever. It is until you reach your goal and then you go on the maintenance plan.

I do not appreciate the rude comments, and if you have problems with this diet, than start a different thread and whine about it there because that is not what I made this thread for. . I also have seen a ton of military wives who have like 6 kids, and trust me, some people do not need to knock ANY diet before they try it. Especially one that produces such great results.

And for anyone who is actually curious about the diet, talk to a real doctor. What you read online is all different, and many doctors will tell you the drops you buy online do now work as well as the shots.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Fort Campbell but moving to Grafenwoehr Germany Nov 9th 2010!
    Quote Originally Posted by meg_alane View Post
    HCG diet: Is it safe and effective? - MayoClinic.com

From the information I have read (from doctors... not people trying to sell the product), the weight loss comes from the severe caloric restriction, NOT the hcg. So you don't even need to waste money on the hcg drops or injections.

The hcg diet is only supposed to be used for 3 weeks, and usually is accompanied by supervision from a medical professional.

I would stop doing this diet. You have been doing it for longer than the recommended time, and I am very concerned about the side effects. No one knows the long term side effects.

Meg_alane,
    I have been on the diet about 5 weeks, and my doctor recommends a break after 6. I started my break early so I am fine. I am under doctor supervision, so it is not a concern. And yes, calorie restriction helps with the weight loss, but the shots are what makes the extra pounds of fat available for flushing every day. All I know is that when we PCS I will not have the shots available for me, and I have learned enough about this diet, and curbing my cravings to know how to try and work the diet without the shots.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi! I have actually successfully lost and kept off 35 pounds using this diet.

I start it in Feb 10 and have done 2 24 day rounds and have maintained the loss.

Let me find the links where I got some pretty decent recipes from.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    HCG Diet Recipes, Tips and HCG Diet Menu Ideas - Liquid HCG | Liquid HCG Diet

I did not buy from them but I did use their recipes. You can make some really tasty stuff using seasonings!

Feel free to pm me if you would like!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by connell0618 View Post
    First off, let me say I did not post this thread for people to give me their negative opinions about the diet. If any of you ignorant people would like to actually see a doctor about this diet instead of believing every little thing you are reading on a website, than you wouldn't be making the comments.

I actually eat very healthy every day, most of the time protein, vegetables, fruit, and sugar-free or low cal snacks. I drink 96 ounces of water a day and take vitamins. Basically the CORRECT healthy way to eat. The shots change alot of things about way your body stores fat and processes calories.

And for the person who commented that "of course I am not losing anymore," that is by choice not because my body is in starvation mode. You are supposed to take a break on the diet about every 6 weeks so that is what I am doing. Also my post was about anyone else struggling with cravings or getting past a plateau, and I am sorry, anybody who diets and exercises, not matter HOW, is going to hit a plateau.

I may eat less than YOUR baby, but that is okay because your baby needs food to grow..duh! I on the other hand am tired of extra weight, and have made a healthy choice on changing my eating habits.

And if you would do some more research you would learn more about the diet, and that you don't eat 550 calories forever. It is until you reach your goal and then you go on the maintenance plan.

I do not appreciate the rude comments, and if you have problems with this diet, than start a different thread and whine about it there because that is not what I made this thread for. . I also have seen a ton of military wives who have like 6 kids, and trust me, some people do not need to knock ANY diet before they try it. Especially one that produces such great results.

And for anyone who is actually curious about the diet, talk to a real doctor. What you read online is all different, and many doctors will tell you the drops you buy online do now work as well as the shots.
    QFP

Are you a dr? Did you see a dr before doing this? And I don't think you know enough about anyone here to know what we have or have not researched or spoke to drs abou.

I know via FACTS if you do it sooner than later your body goes into starvation mode. That is a fact. And when you do that your body turns what little bit of food you do eat into fat. Even if what you are eating is healthy foods. Your food choices could be the absolute best ones in the world but if you only eat 500 or so calories a day you are not getting enough and your body WILL turn it into fat.

And like every other diet that gives the person such strict rules (like diets where you eat no carbs, no protein, no whatever) once that person goes back to a normal way of eating than they will gain weight back. That does NOT equal a great diet.

Sure you might get "great" results at the time, but unless you continue the "diet" they don't continue to be great.

And yeah, some women are overweight. Such is life. But that doesn't mean they need to try a diet that is UNHEALTHY for them.

And if you don't like the responses you are getting than perhaps you should not have posted something like this.
  7. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

What the fuck does that mean?
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    It IS safe. It has been in use Europe for over 60 yrs. It works but the US FDA will never approve it b/c well they have other motives... and that is a FACT.
  9. Senior Member
    Meg_alane,
    I have been on the diet about 5 weeks, and my doctor recommends a break after 6. I started my break early so I am fine. I am under doctor supervision, so it is not a concern. And yes, calorie restriction helps with the weight loss, but the shots are what makes the extra pounds of fat available for flushing every day. All I know is that when we PCS I will not have the shots available for me, and I have learned enough about this diet, and curbing my cravings to know how to try and work the diet without the shots.
    I see you have seen a dr.

I am glad for that, but I am severely displeased (so no I would never see him/her thankfully) that they recommend something over the normal.

And isn't hCG a pregnancy hormone? Why the hell would one use a pregnancy hormone for a diet? Kinda like using the cancer med as a labor inducer. Just because some think it is good it doesn't mean it is.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    What the fuck does that mean?
    That means military wives with kids are fat bitches who need to shut up and diet.

Or at least that is what *I* read in that sentence.
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast