Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all clean eaters!

1. Regular Member

Made a Big Difference!

Advertisements
    I was working out and eating better than most. But when I began eating clean I had FAT loss, and got lean. I do lots of protein all day, I only do fruits in the morning and before/ after workout. And I try to use veggies as my primary source of carbs all day rather than rice, pasta, and bread. When I do have rice/ pasta/ bread it is whole grain good carbs all the way and small amounts. And I eat good fats, like olives and olive oil. The DF REALLY hates olives. I tried to sneak them into a dish and he recoiled!!!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm not a clean eater but I would like to be. I just hate cooking and grocery shopping so much that it is really hard for me to get started, plus I'm a really picky eater. We also have a bad habit of our fresh foods going to waste because we hate cooking so much that we end up going out/ordering in so things don't get used.

It is a very difficult thing for my family to start although we'd love to do it.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBryTree View Post
    I'm not a clean eater but I would like to be. I just hate cooking and grocery shopping so much that it is really hard for me to get started, plus I'm a really picky eater. We also have a bad habit of our fresh foods going to waste because we hate cooking so much that we end up going out/ordering in so things don't get used.

It is a very difficult thing for my family to start although we'd love to do it.
    The grocery shopping is what gets me. It's just me, so I'd have to go to the store like 3 times a week to keep all my fruits and veggie fresh.

I have yet to master the art of freezing and storing foods and things like that.

I love to cook though.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm awful at storing! I always try and I always fail.
  5. He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    Blog Entries
    Yep I am a healthy eater........I lost 15 pounds in 3 months
    DH:"I never thought I could Love someone the way I love you as much as I love you!"
  6. To die and come back as a leotard?
    To die and come back as a leotard?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by autumnarun View Post

Awww... What about rolled oats or something for a complex carb you can throw in there?
    Im trying to integrate some cream of wheat into my mornings, its just hard. If it expands in water, I dont eat it....
  7. Regular Member
    I was not a big shopper/ cook/ store-er either. But, really the success is in planning and preparation. It is good to have a grill, like a George Foreman and one night grill a bunch of stuff and put some in fridge and some in freezer. Frozen blueberries and strawberries last longer and are great in the oatmeal or protein smoothies. And I go online and find coupons for brands I use a lot, like for bread, pasta, oatmeal, cottage cheese. I am REALLY gonna miss BJs when I move to Guam!!! And my favorite quick sweet tooth item was a surprise to me: cottage cheese with lots of honey and cinnamon. Oh and ladies cooking/ eating with extra virgin coconut oil will transform you. People stupidly think it is fattening, but it has the OPPOSITE effect. Consumed before a workout, it creates energy boost and helps burn fat! It makes a great light "butter" on bread. Goes great in coffee, oatmeal, smoothies, and spread on a hot sweet potato (or on baked sweet potato slices)!!!
  8. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    i Tosca Reno... she is seems so sweet, genuine and inspiring. i still can't believe she responds to every single one of her fan letters & emails! clean eating is amazing... i just got back on the bandwagon. i did it for the last part of winter and all of the spring with amazing results. however, 2 surgeries later... i got used to bed rest and eating "whatever" and gained some weight back. just started to kick it up into high gear last week and already dropped a couple pounds!!!

did anyone buy the new cookbook yet? i was in borders last night thumbing through it. i bought the first cook book-- what a savior for when you're not feeling creative! honestly, the only ingredient i've had trouble finding was sucanat (sp?) that one sweetner.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  9. Lindsey.
    Lindsey.
    Quote Originally Posted by autumnarun View Post
    In a nutshell, eating clean is the practice of eating whole, natural foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and complex carbohydrates. It also means staying away from the junk that typically makes up the Standard American Diet (S.A.D) These types of food include man-made sugar, bad fats (hydrogenated, trans-fat), preservatives, white bread, and any other ingredients that are unnecessary.

A person that eats clean generally practices the following:

Eliminates refined sugar
    Cooks healthy meals
    Packs healthy meals
    Makes healthy choices when dining out
    Drinks a lot of water
    Eats 5-6 small meals per day
    Eliminates alcoholic beverages (or significantly limits it)
    Always eats breakfast

GOT THIS online so I wouldn't have to type it all. LOL.
    Yep I'm pretty extreme about it actually. My body just feels better when I eat no processed anything.
    There AreNo Words
  10. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by square bear View Post
    Yep I'm pretty extreme about it actually. My body just feels better when I eat no processed anything.
    me too. if i'm gonna do something, i'm gonna do it right. that's kinda my frustration tho... there are so many supposedly "clean" recipes out there that have things like extra cheeses, wine, and sometimes artificial sweeteners in them. i find that exceptionally frustrating especially if i'm having a weak moment b/c i still have to say "no" to things that come from menus i should be able to eat off of!

btw: anyone else practice the "last meal before 6pm rule"?

www.SnarkyFit.com
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast