Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all clean eaters!

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by rad sugar View Post
    oooh man, i eat clean a lot of the time - i would say 80% of my meals are "clean," but i have a bad candy habit... oopsies. i avoid preservatives hardcore though, i swear the more of them i eat, the worse i feel. my family is pretty big on natural/organic/fresh options. my stepmom bakes all of the bread we eat fresh (usually every day or every other day), and clif bars are my fav thing to eat ever (organic, gluten/dairy free, no preservatives).

but i know that when i do "eat clean" i feel markedly better and i can totally notice the difference!

yea me too. I've tried cheat meals here and there and feel horrible. The worst stomach aches and bloat of my life!

I've never tried Clif bars before... Will def pick one up tomorrow.
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by autumnarun View Post
    yea I jumped right into it about a year ago. Never looked back. I was busting my butt in the gym and not getting seeing the results I should have. A easy way to make the transition is by finding foods and recipes that you like. Eating clean and healthy does not mean boring and plain. For example today I has sesame mango salsa chicken with brown rice for lunch and fajitas for dinner. They were both amazing!
    Wow, your meals sound delicious.

I'd love to eat like this, I'm just not sure I have the knowledge or discipline. Do you have a good website for more information?
  3. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    It's a type of diet, more like a lifestyle of eating than a diet... eating healthy, small portions, whole grains, etc.

I have the cookbook but it's too expensive to eat that way when it's just me. When K comes home, I'll start it up again.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
    It's a type of diet, more like a lifestyle of eating than a diet... eating healthy, small portions, whole grains, etc.

I have the cookbook but it's too expensive to eat that way when it's just me. When K comes home, I'll start it up again.
    yup you are right, it is a lifestyle change, my whole family eats like this. and we will never go back. I have yet to buy the book since I subscribe to the magazine and I look online for my recipes.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cllgefrk13 View Post
    Wow, your meals sound delicious.

I'd love to eat like this, I'm just not sure I have the knowledge or discipline. Do you have a good website for more information?
    LOL. You can get more info by searching clean eating in google. Or even I think Tosca Reno has a clean eating book along with her cookbooks.

Here is the recipe for the mango chicken if you want to try it out

Ingredients

Rice:
    2 1/2 Cups Water
    2 Tsp Salsa (Add as much as you like I did more like 3 tbsp)
    1 Cup Brown Rice

Chicken:
    2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
    1 tsp Olive Oil
    1 Lb Boneless, skinless Chicken Breast
    4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
    1/4 tsp Ginger
    1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
    1 mango, peeled & diced
    3 medium on0the-vine tomatoes, chopped
    Juice from half a lime

Directions

1. Prepare rice according to pacakge directions, adding salsa at same time as water

2. Toast sesame seeds over low heat for 2-3 minutes over low heat until golden brown. Move to a plate and allow to cool

3. Pour olive oil into pan, swirl and add chicken . Sprinkle w/ garlic, giner and black pepper. Increase heat to medium and cook about 4 minutes, stir ocasionally.

4. Add diced mango to pan, spooning evenly over chicken. Saute mango for about 2 minutes stirring ocasionally. Add tomatoes and squeeze lime juice over top. Simmer for about 5 minutes, until tomato is hot and mango is juicy. Stir in sesame seeds and serve over rice.

Number of Servings: 4

Try eating "clean" for a couple of weeks and you'll feel amazing!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post

I've had to cut down on some of my meals and sticking to stuff we keep on hand at home more. I still experiment with new recipes every time I get a new Clean eating mag though. You can always freeze, or save what you don't use
  7. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    there were quite a few of us at one time. search "Clean Eating" and you'll find some old threads with links etc...

www.SnarkyFit.com
  8. To die and come back as a leotard?
    To die and come back as a leotard?
    Blog Entries
    Since my surgery I have been kind of forced to "eat clean" so to speak. I can only eat say 1/4 a cup of food at a time, sometimes less. I cant eat a whole lot pf sugar. I HAVE TO drink a crap ton of water otherwise I dehydrate within a day or less. Also, I have found that when I "snack" on granola bars and crap, I feel like poop!!!

All I eat really is protein and veggies...
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    there were quite a few of us at one time. search "Clean Eating" and you'll find some old threads with links etc...
    Sweet! I have yet to see a clean eating thread since Ive joined.

Quote Originally Posted by abbienikol View Post
    Since my surgery I have been kind of forced to "eat clean" so to speak. I can only eat say 1/4 a cup of food at a time, sometimes less. I cant eat a whole lot pf sugar. I HAVE TO drink a crap ton of water otherwise I dehydrate within a day or less. Also, I have found that when I "snack" on granola bars and crap, I feel like poop!!!

All I eat really is protein and veggies...
    Awww... What about rolled oats or something for a complex carb you can throw in there?
  10. Regular Member

Hey I Am a Clean Eater Too

...since January and my fiance likes anything from a box or jar or candy!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast