Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: White Chili

1. His duty is to serve this country, My duty is to support Him
    His duty is to serve this country, My duty is to support Him
    Blog Entries

White Chili

Advertisements
    Has anyone heard of White Chili? Or does anyone happen to have a good recipie for it? With weather getting as cold as it has been I have really been wanting to try this.
  2. ❤Sub Wife❤
    ❤Sub Wife❤
    I make this chili all the time during the cold season and my husband and I LOVE it. It's healthy too so that's always a plus. We always have it with corn bread YUM!!!

Chicken Green Chili with White Beans

Yield: 6 servings

6 Anaheim chiles
    1 tablespoon peanut oil
    3 chicken leg quarters, skinned (about 1 3/4 pounds)
    1 3/4 cups chopped onion
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
    2 cups water, divided
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans (such as Goya) or other white beans, rinsed and drained
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
    6 lime slices

Preheat broiler.

Cut chiles in half; discard seeds and membranes. Place halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 5 minutes or until blackened. Place in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel chiles; discard skins. Chop chiles.

Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 6 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Return chicken to pan. Add broth, 1 1/2 cups water, and cumin; bring to a simmer. Cook 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken; cool slightly. Remove chicken from bones; cut meat into bite-sized pieces. Discard bones. Add chicken to pan; stir in chopped chiles and beans.

Combine 1/2 cup water and flour, stirring with a whisk. Stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a simmer; cook 15 minutes. Stir in salt. Spoon about 1 1/2 cups soup into each of 6 bowls; top each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons sour cream. Serve with lime slices.

CALORIES 248 (20% from fat); FAT 5.6g (sat 1.5g,mono 1.9g,poly 1.4g); IRON 3.2mg; CHOLESTEROL 45mg; CALCIUM 87mg; CARBOHYDRATE 25.1g; SODIUM 903mg; PROTEIN 19.1g; FIBER 4.8g
  3. AMD
    My husband LOVES the McCormick seasoning packets for white chili, just follow the directions on the back. too easy!