Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Too many or not enough?

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Omg too many! 2 pets is my max!
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Too many is too many regardless of the number so what's a few more. We only have four dogs at my house but I honestly feel like we could double it and it would barely be noticeable, because it feels like a hundred anyway.
    This lol. That's wayyy too many animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't think I'll ever get two dogs at a time again I love my babies and I love that they can hang out together but it's such a pain to do anything with them! I can't take them both for walks at the same time, gotta be two walks. Can't just take one on a car ride because it hurts the others feelings, but they're too nuts to bring them both. Much rather just have one.
    This makes me feel so much better about Titan being an "only child" hahaha. I sometimes want another dog but reading this I realize that I really, really don't.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    But a few of the cats come along on the walks with the dogs
    That's cool. One problem I have (2 dogs, 2 cats) anytime one comes over for loving at one or more others feel like they have to be in on it too.
  4. Senior Member
    They all tend to get along. Except Chajuawa Quincy is a racist. He barks only at, and always at the two tuxedo cats.
    And Granny is grumpy and just wants to be left alone and sit on my lap. And Foster Tovar cat is a bully. And everyone picks on Fatty-cat Matza. But a few of the cats come along on the walks with the dogs
    Can you please just list out all of your pets' names (possible pets too)?? These are fantastic.
  5. Senior Member
    It's good they all get along together. If you had our cat with you even two would be one too many, because she usually doesn't want to share the attention of humans with other animals at home. One of the nieces had a fake fur ball (kind of looked like a cat curled up sleeping on her lap) and when she saw it she ran across the room and attacked it viciously. Every time we've tried to dog sit and the dog tries to come over to us to get attention, she's right there swatting and hissing at them. She's a bully. She even sat in front of one dogs bowl, just to torment him, until we called her away from it. The last dog we dog sat is an older dog, very calm, doesn't actively try to get attention/affection from us, and she was okay with him this week. She seems to get along okay with other animals only if they realize whose in charge

Quote Originally Posted by caljmw649 View Post
    I think that as long as you take care of all of the animals and can maintain a healthy living environment for you and them, then it doesn't matter how many you have. Do you feel as if you could take on more animals and be able to maintain all of them? I think that would be a big factor in whether or not I would take on anymore animals.
    with this. As long as your place isn't like one of those you occasionally see on the news (yuck) where the animals are malnourished and the place smells bad, why not I suppose.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlc311 View Post
    Can you please just list out all of your pets' names (possible pets too)?? These are fantastic.
    Maltese:
    Cici
    Soofgania (Hebrew for the fat powdered jelly donut served on hannukah) soofi for short
    Mackabee, Mack for short. These last two weeks got around hannukah.

Chihauwas:
    Parker and quincy. I had no say in these quite boring names.

Cats:
    Granny
    Grampa

Blackie II (tuxedo)
    The whitey sisters: matza and motzi. These are our passover cats. Matta is 18 pounds. Started off as a matza, nowe is matza ball.

Ginjin (ginger cat)
    Tigerlily
    Tova (fostering for army girl client until she gets on her feet)

Lady Valentine
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  7. "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    "I belong with you, you belong with me"
    You can never have to many!
    We have 5 cats - 4 of which we adopted over 9 years ago from an animals shelter in Oregon as kittens and 2 dogs a 10 year old and 4 year old.
    My husband and I both come from families and had a bunch of pets growing up so I say the more the merrier! Ours all get along really well never had an issue with fights or stealing food or anything. The dogs love to cuddle spoon with the cats.
    I will also say that it's harder having more than one big dog than a bunch of cats. We always have to take them both on car rides, both get cookies, can't walk one without the other hahahaha
  8. Senior Member
    Maltese:
    Cici
    Soofgania (Hebrew for the fat powdered jelly donut served on hannukah) soofi for short
    Mackabee, Mack for short. These last two weeks got around hannukah.

Chihauwas:
    Parker and quincy. I had no say in these quite boring names.

Cats:
    Granny
    Grampa

Blackie II (tuxedo)
    The whitey sisters: matza and motzi. These are our passover cats. Matta is 18 pounds. Started off as a matza, nowe is matza ball.

Ginjin (ginger cat)
    Tigerlily
    Tova (fostering for army girl client until she gets on her feet)

Lady Valentine
    I love it.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234