• East and West blow outs

31 86.11%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Location narrowed down

1. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Here is my thought. I have no clue where I will be living every 6 months. Its the military and life. I probably wouldn't pay to travel to go to one now would I take time off from work. When it comes aroundonly then would I be able to answer whether I am going or not. I tend not to be able to plan things out more than a few months ahead.
    I suspect many here are in the same predicament that I am in.
    I totally understand. Life is life. You could get orders tomorrow. I am going through a divorce roller coaster and have no idea what I am going to be doing in 6 months.
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Icryinbaseball View Post
    I answered the question more than once why I put it to another vote. Asking a question is one thing. I have tried to answer any questions the best I can. As have the other people helping plan. Saying the planning team is trying to sway votes in their direction just to get their way is another. When the planning team is coming in here saying they dont even want what is being implied they are swaying for. BLT has questioned me 2 times now on why I am taking over Debra's idea for this meet up. And both times has been directed to the thread where this all started. Again noone has been denied a chance to help plan. Not a single person. But it seems the people chirping the loudest about how everything we say is not listening to anyone or doing what anyone else wants, arent putting any ideas into the ring either. Just nit picking each and every choice made by those who are trying to make something fun for the other members to do. Now people on the planning team are backing out due to the fact that no matter what everyone is bitching up a storm with what we come up with. And that was exactly why we got a few ideas together to put a plan in place before putting it out there. Instead of a free for all what does everyone want to do. And again those chirping the loudest about how they must have a say in everything have not offered anything other than criticism. And nothing has been set in stone yet. Nothing can be set in stone yet. That is why we are still in a planning process. This summer was too soon to get things together. Going into the fall people start going back to school. Then comes the holidays. So Spring was the first real time for people to be able to plan and make arrangments. Summer won that vote. But those doing the West coast meet up might want to consider Spring or maybe earlier or later. That is why we need help planning and not help nit picking and complaining.
    I know nothing is set in stone but in the last thread I made a comment about kids in Vegas and was told it had already been decided that if the convention happened in Vegas it would be child-free. Then when I asked for clarification if it was set in stone that Vegas was child-free I was told no. It just felt like I was pretty much being told not to talk about it. I tried to contribute and I felt like I got stonewalled.

There is always going to be nit-picking and complaining when you are dealing with a large group but I feel like people who aren't nit-picking or complaining are getting the brunt of that. I dunno. I'm just going to back off since I can't go.
  3. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    On being child free yes we had decided to make the original meet up child free. That was shot down by some, and agreed upon by some. It started to get ugly towards the end of that thread with who was bring kids, and then spending time with just their family and noone else, and who wasnt so nothing was ever decided. That is the showdown I was refering to. Not anything related to the planning process. We cant tell you that you can or cannot bring your kids, your dog, your sister, your hamster..... But, just know up front that the plan was a kid free meet up. But we wont be together the whole, so bringing kids and branching off is totally an option. I welcome your opinions. That is how we have grown and molded this into something that most people can agree on. By listening to opinions .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345