Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MSOS Convention: Where? w/ updates

1. scotlandgrl53
    scotlandgrl53
    Blog Entries

MSOS Convention: Where? w/ updates

Advertisements
    Hello everyone.
    Just wanted to do a little bit of an update as to where we are at with the convention. There have been numerous threads posted in this forum and in others about having a large MSOS get-together. These threads include some general discussion ones as well as a few polls to try and get a feel of what people are interested in.

Though our original plan was initially Vegas board members wanted to have other options. Therefore I posted the following thread: Not Vegas?

I created a spread sheet of the replies I received and am going to be attaching a poll to this thread with the top 6 answers (in various orders). I am going to leave this poll opened for 1 month so it will be closing on 3/23/14. We plan on using the majority vote to continue on in our planning process. Please read this entire post before voting.

Along with the unofficial where thread I also posted this thread: Unofficially When to try and get an idea of when people would like the convention to take place. The top answer was Spring of 2015 followed closely by Summer of 2015. Please keep these dates in mind when choosing a location as we are going to be using the poll in that thread as a guideline for when.

Right now a very very vague idea of what we are trying to do is have a group dinner first in some way or another to meet people in person and then include lists of attractions in the area that people might be interested in doing or seeing. Our general hope is that you find someone from MSOS that is interested in seeing or doing the same thing as you and you explore the city together in small MSOS groups to get to know each other better. However this is just a very vauge idea. I am creating a discussion thread that can be found here: Convention Discussion if you have an idea or something you would like to address. Please try to keep that thread and this one positive and constructive.

If you know something about one of the top six locations that you would like to share please do so! I plan on keeping a close eye on this thread will quote you and add your information into this first post so people can vote accurately.

New Orleans: Is great for both kids and adults. Kids attractions include a Zoo and an Aquarium. There is also a Butterfly Conservatory. The French Quarter is fun for both children and adults. For adults only, Bourbon Street is obviously has a fun and active night life.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    Atlanta is a diverse city. It's the biggest airport in the country in that it has the most flights that go through it so it will be one of the cheapest airports to fly into. They have the Atlanta Aquarium that is HUGE as well as six flags and other theme parks and kids attractions. For night life it has everything from mild to wild, hole in the wall bars to upscale expensive dress code required high end lounges. The surrounding area is pretty awesome too, lots of little towns to explore, for the nature junkies there are some awesome waterfalls and parks in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazmine View Post
    Washington DC is super pretty in the springtime, the weather is typically still warm, but not hot and humid yet. The Smithsonian museums are free, as are the monuments, the National Zoo, the planetarium in Rock Creek Park and a ton of other things. The variety of things to see, particular the historical and government attractions will give any husbands and kids that attend something interesting to go and see. There is a wide variety when it comes to types of food that you can find in DC so it should be relatively easy to find an old favorite that would satisfy the majority and different types of cuisine for people to try out when they split off if they'd like including food trucks if that's something that is on a bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjingo View Post
    Boston is cool though. If you have kids with you, the children's museum is kick ass. They do tours of the nation's first ever public library! Really, just a shit ton of museums now that I think about it. Also some really good bars and restaurants. I'm not good at describing places, but I swear there's plenty of fun stuff there
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh♥Merlot View Post
    Boston is a GREAT city! I may be a tad bit biased, but I love it. There is so much to do, is family friendly, and makes for a great night out! There is a ton to do: museums, harbor, fenway, Fanueil Hall, Freedom Trail, Zoos, Aquariums, Historic Libraries, Duck boat tours, Theatres, Brewerys... You know you guys want to come here to judge our awesome accents...

Quote Originally Posted by MeldaMegildur View Post
    Just some info on Nashville: Free Events and Concerts in Nashville, Free Attractions | Music City | Visit Nashville, TN - Music City I got curious to see what there was to do for free. They have a flea market that even if you don't want to spend money I think they're fun to go browse and look at. Also the farmer's market has cooking demos on Saturdays that sounds like it would be awesome as well.
    Last edited by eelizah; 02-23-2014 at 09:13 PM.
    I need a
    a
    I don't have forever or

So don't let me

I AshleyO
  2. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Atlanta is a diverse city. It's the biggest airport in the country in that it has the most flights that go through it so it will be one of the cheapest airports to fly into. They have the Atlanta Aquarium that is HUGE as well as six flags and other theme parks and kids attractions. For night life it has everything from mild to wild, hole in the wall bars to upscale expensive dress code required high end lounges. The surrounding area is pretty awesome too, lots of little towns to explore, for the nature junkies there are some awesome waterfalls and parks in the area.
  3. Senior Member
    I have stuff for Atlanta:

They have an amazing aquarium with one of the biggest tanks in the world including whale sharks. They also have tons of other stuff such as the World of Coke, CNN center, Centennial Park (Olympic park), Underground Atlanta (big cool mall), The Varsity (famous burger place and atmosphere). There is also a good night life, concerts, etc.
  4. scotlandgrl53
    scotlandgrl53
    Blog Entries
    Thanks BLT I quoted you
    I need a
    a
    I don't have forever or

So don't let me

I AshleyO
  5. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    Can the O wives pay for the non-mil and E wives' airfare/gas/pink travel sweatpants?

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    Can the O wives pay for the non-mil and E wives' airfare/gas/pink travel sweatpants?
    lmfao omg
  7. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    I can't choose between 4 of the lol I'm gonna have to think on them.
  8. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    That's the only way I'll attend.

life's a party, rock your body
  9. scotlandgrl53
    scotlandgrl53
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MeldaMegildur View Post
    I can't choose between 4 of the lol I'm gonna have to think on them.
    at least you got a full month!
    I need a
    a
    I don't have forever or

So don't let me

I AshleyO
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Washington DC is super pretty in the springtime, the weather is typically still warm, but not hot and humid yet. The Smithsonian museums are free, as are the monuments, the National Zoo, the planetarium in Rock Creek Park and a ton of other things. The variety of things to see, particular the historical and government attractions will give any husbands and kids that attend something interesting to go and see. There is a wide variety when it comes to types of food that you can find in DC so it should be relatively easy to find an old favorite that would satisfy the majority and different types of cuisine for people to try out when they split off if they'd like including food trucks if that's something that is on a bucket list.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast