Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: My boyfriend leaves in 6 days for basic

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

My boyfriend leaves in 6 days for basic

Advertisements
    I am just wanting to know what to expect. Please send me an email (brittani_byers@aol.com) or get me on Facebook (Brittani Lois Byers).
  2. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Please be careful about posting your last name on here. Since you're new at this, maybe you should read up on OPSEC & PERSEC.

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissa*Rawr View Post
    Please be careful about posting your last name on here. Since you're new at this, maybe you should read up on OPSEC & PERSEC.
  4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Again new here. And it's just the easiest way to get ahold of me
  5. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    Quote Originally Posted by thatgirlbrittani View Post
    Again new here. And it's just the easiest way to get ahold of me
    I understand that & I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way but it is for your safety as well as his.
    http://www.militarysos.com/forum/new...eeds-know.html
    http://www.militarysos.com/forum/new...must-read.html

"Thank you so much. No matter what, nothing is possible without you behind the scenes bustin heads and takin names. Thank you again. Everything you have done for me means a lot and nothing has gone unnoticed. I love you so much and thank you for saying 'I do.'"
  6. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    I just read them. Can you please answer the question though? My mind is going a mile a minute thinking about all of this..
  7. BingBangBoom that's how babies are made
    I just read them. Can you please answer the question though? My mind is going a mile a minute thinking about all of this..
    I never went through basic with my husband so the only thing I can tell you to expect is that you may not hear from him for a few weeks. And then after that, phone calls are a privilege for him, not a right. But he'll be able to write you letters & once you get his address, you can write him back.

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You will probably need to give us a little more information. Like what branch he's in? And specifically what you're asking about...what to expect in terms of how long it would be, how often you'd get to communicate with him, will he change, etc? We would all be happy to answer anything. We've been there.
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    He is in the Army, going as a mechanic. I want to know what to expect as in how long basic will be, and AIT, and how often I can speak with him, when will i know about graduation, etc. anything you think would help would be great.
  10. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    Well there was no exact question posted, just a "what to expect" question. As for BCT (basic) it will be 10 weeks. AIT depends on the job and how well he does or doesn't do. If he gets recycled it can be longer. Even for BCT he can get recycled. My husband was at BCT last year and his friend was recycled because he could not qualify on weapons.

His parents will get all the information on graduation, including his address and everything, phone calls will be based off of what the drill sgt says. It is a privilege not a right.

AIT he will have more freedom but still will have many rules to follow.

It is still not wise to post your last name here. If you have questions just post you will get answers if someone knows the answer.
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012