Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: girls just wanna have fun?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigon View Post
    I really am with Rose on this.

ESPECIALLY as there are so many things to a true formal convention. You need permits, MSOS probably cannot legally some of these seminars for liability issues...

Even with alcohol....Since we do have underage members.....Its just like a HUGE liability right there.

I was thinking...that instead of this huge seminar filled weekend.

We scale it down a bit. A LARGE BIT.

Perhaps for the FIRST convention...we start small. I think people have gotten so use to going to large work conventions or gaming conventions (Which have huge corporate sponsors) that they don't realize what all goes into the planning of something like that.

I think we need to just do maybe a big thing at a state park. Rent the conference hall or pavilion. . . . . Order something small from a caterer. .

and just hang out.

EXACTLY....

I have a better idea.

http://www.a-zsandiegobeaches.com/missionbeach.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission...go,_California

Mission Beach.

Hotels. TONS of parks, places for cook outs, shallow swimming area for kids and adults, TONS of big open grassy areas, grills which are free to use, lots of pavillions, sea world is literally like two miles away for those that wanna do that, ummm it's like perfect location. But of course I am totally biased but you really can't beat the perfect weather, because then you don't have to plan around rain and heat and cold and all that shiz. Plus you get mountains, beach, and everything in between.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandily View Post
    EXACTLY....

I have a better idea.

Mission Beach.

Hotels. TONS of parks, places for cook outs, shallow swimming area for kids and adults, TONS of big open grassy areas, grills which are free to use, lots of pavillions, sea world is literally like two miles away for those that wanna do that, ummm it's like perfect location. But of course I am totally biased but you really can't beat the perfect weather, because then you don't have to plan around rain and heat and cold and all that shiz. Plus you get mountains, beach, and everything in between.
    Love it
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by helloimkaley View Post
    I'm honestly trying to see where people got the idea that this was planning on being something that big?
    You dont?! There are like a dozen polls already. There is already a thread about donations. They are discussing ideas for seminars and we don't even have a date much less a STATE...

Discussing Passion Parties and other consultants. Hotel sharing and car pooling...

It just seems everything is so spastic and scattered.

4. Formerly "Chels"
    Formerly "Chels"
    Blog Entries
    All those sound awesome. Especially the sun bathing. I'm allll about that.
  5. he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandily View Post
    EXACTLY....

I have a better idea.

Mission Beach.

NAIL ON HEAD. thats sooooo what i was thinking.

casual, affordable, driving distance for tons of members.

and kyley... the subcommittee to plan the agenda and day-to-day activities is ME and JayBo, so far. our PMs and emails basically say: we're not doing anything until we have a location, dates, venue and length of event.

i'd say you're in GOOD hands.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rad sugar View Post
    NAIL ON HEAD. thats sooooo what i was thinking.

casual, affordable, driving distance for tons of members.

and kyley... the subcommittee to plan the agenda and day-to-day activities is ME and JayBo, so far. our PMs and emails basically say: we're not doing anything until we have a location, dates, venue and length of event.

i'd say you're in GOOD hands.
    OK... So all of the other girls posting alllll of the threads and crap are not actually the committee... Gotcha.
  7. Formerly "Chels"
    Formerly "Chels"
    Blog Entries
    This needs to be kidna like a big, high school reunion type thing. Nothin fancy...
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chels View Post
    This needs to be kidna like a big, high school reunion type thing. Nothin fancy...
    Exactly!

And I'd be totally cool with NO "Consultants".

And that way if say when I kidnap Rose and Dommie to go have a couple drinks... No one will notice they are gone

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    It needs to be someplace that is fairly big enough where its cheap to fly into, EASY to fly into without a million transfers, and can be vacationy for families. I wouldn't hang out in the midwest or anyplace not on the ocean with my husband. DH loves to freedive and spearfish so anyplace florida like or san diego or NC like would be ideal. I don't think DH and I will make it to san diego before we move in a month and I've had a huge desire to see sea world.
  10. he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    Quote Originally Posted by *MarineBug* View Post
    OK... So all of the other girls posting alllll of the threads and crap are not actually the committee... Gotcha.
    well, there are a bunch of subcommittees... other people are doing the books and money side, some are logistics, umm promotions, ppl who are going to look for sponsors, etc.

i just said if i help at all, i'm only good at fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by *skittles* View Post
    It needs to be someplace that is fairly big enough where its cheap to fly into, EASY to fly into without a million transfers, and can be vacationy for families. I wouldn't hang out in the midwest or anyplace not on the ocean with my husband. DH loves to freedive and spearfish so anyplace florida like or san diego or NC like would be ideal. I don't think DH and I will make it to san diego before we move in a month and I've had a huge desire to see sea world.
    i think san diego is wicked easy to get to, and even though i'm soooo down with some sea world action, even if that's not your style - there's sooo much to do. i think we'll be good to go!
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast