Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Freebies for Deployed Troops, Spouses & Places to Make Donations

1. Senior Member

Freebies for Deployed Troops, Spouses & Places to Make Donations

Advertisements
    I was bored and decided to look into various companies that send donations to our troops overseas. Most you can also submit donations yourself so that other military service members may receive the donations. I figured I would share what I find here

Feel free to share your finds too!

*I am looking into several other companies/organizations that I've heard send donations & will continue to update*

FOR MILITARY/TROOPS:

Dunkin Donuts donates coffee:
    From Dunkin’ Donuts:
    "Dunkin’ Brands, Inc. supports the brave men and woman of the United States military.
    We are honored to send a taste of home to our troops overseas. We will hold a monthly lottery to randomly select 50 United States military members among those requests submitted. Each will receive a case of Dunkin’ Donuts coffee. We will limit the offer to those who have not previously received any coffee."

https://www.dunkindonuts.com/content...contactus.html
    (under category select 'military coffee request')

Scion - Military Care Package
    THANK YOU. Scion appreciates your service and dedication to defending our country. We've put a box of Scion gear together with you in mind. We realize it isn't much compared to what you've given but we want to thank you for your support as you serve our country. Scion Care Packages include some choice Scion swag like beanies, a deck of cards and a complimentary hour of internet access - exclusively for U.S. Military personnel only. Just fill out the request form below and we'll send one your way. One care package per person every 12 months, please. Availability is limited - so step to it!
    Scion | Military Care Package

Starkist - Tuna for Troops (Thanks to MSOS member jomygosh for finding this one!)
    "StarKist proudly salutes and supports the United States Troops. We appreciate your thinking of us and are gratified to know that our troops enjoy and use our products.We do have a "Tuna for Soldiers" program in which units that request it are sent StarKist Tuna pouch products. Product can only be sent to an APO or FPO Address. Please provide complete APO/FPO address information by email via the link below.Also, we are aware of several internet grocery companies that sell many of our products directly to consumers via the internet. These companies are not affiliated with StarKist, and their product selection may change at any given time. But if you are interested in this option, you may want to contact one of the following: Netgrocer - Online Groceries and more, delivered straight to your door! or Groceries Express. Both of these websites say that they ship to APO/FPO addresses.Thank you for your interest in StarKist and especially thanks for your bravery and support during these difficult times. Just know that all of us here at StarKist appreciate the efforts of our men and women in uniform."
    Jackie, StarKist Consumer Affairs
    Email: consumeraffairs@starkist.com

Operation Support Our Troops (OSOT)
    "Thank you for wanting to help support our troops. Our warehouses are located in Lisle, IL. First, if you know anyone currently deployed, please send us their name/address/expected date of return for a package. You could organize a card/letter writing campaign. We like to put 5-7 letters of support in each box that we ship. Last year we shipped 5,400 boxes, so you can see we need a lot of letters. You could mail those to us. Or if you’d like to email them, we can print multiple copies and put them in many packages. You could also make banners out of sheets and have your friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, churchmembers, etc sign them." -Annette
    OSOT America
    1807 S Washington St
    Suite 110 #359
    Naperville, IL 60565
    Operation Support Our Troops - America

Zippo - 5 Free Lighters
    When contacting the Consumer Relations Dept of Zippo, their marketing assistant informed me that they are willing to send 5 lighters to a troop if given the address. You can submit a request through their website: http://www.zippo.com/customercare/contact_us.aspx

FOR SPOUSES/FAMILIES:

BuildASign - Free Banners (You Pay Shipping)
    Free Welcome Home Banners, Welcome Home Signs, Military Banners

YMCA - Offers free memberships to spouses and children while military member is deployed.
    the Y: Military Outreach

Dog Tags for Kids:
    Dog Tags for Kids - From a Parent Overseas to a Child at Home

USO - Free photo book to soldiers stationed overseas with an APO address
    RocketLife & the USO Present Free Photo Books for Our Troops

USPS - Free shipping supplies to make care packages:
    Military Care Package Kit

Link to More Free Stuff (I have not personally tried any of the links... so my apologies if some don't work!):
    myLot - Here is a list of sites that give free stuff for soldiers and their families.
    Last edited by KimberlyJ; 10-11-2012 at 10:04 AM.
  2. Senior Member
    Cool, thanks for sharing!
  3. Senior Member
    I've done the RocketLife/USO picture book and it was easy and fast! My fiance got his in about a week and was so excited.

Also, I just found out that StarKist has a Tuna for Soldiers program. I already posted about it, but I thought I'd put it here again. I originally emailed them to see if I could score a coupon or two to use for a care package for my sweetie. And I'm copying the information I received from an email from StarKist in case you're interested:

Dear Joanna,

StarKist proudly salutes and supports the United States Troops. We appreciate your thinking of us and are gratified to know that our troops enjoy and use our products.

We do have a "Tuna for Soldiers" program in which units that request it are sent StarKist Tuna pouch products. Product can only be sent to an APO or FPO Address. Please provide complete APO/FPO address information by email via the link below.

Also, we are aware of several internet grocery companies that sell many of our products directly to consumers via the internet. These companies are not affiliated with StarKist, and their product selection may change at any given time. But if you are interested in this option, you may want to contact one of the following: Netgrocer - Online Groceries and more, delivered straight to your door! or Groceries Express. Both of these websites say that they ship to APO/FPO addresses.

Thank you for your interest in StarKist and especially thanks for your bravery and support during these difficult times. Just know that all of us here at StarKist appreciate the efforts of our men and women in uniform.

Jackie, StarKist Consumer Affairs
    Email: consumeraffairs@starkist.com
  4. Senior Member
    I saw your post earlier and contacted them. I was waiting for their response before I added them to the original post. Thanks for sharing! I've added the info.
  5. Senior Member
    Whoops! Sorry to jump the gun! Didn't mean to! :-)
    Follow on Twitter @JoMyGosh
  6. Senior Member
    *Just added Zippo - 5 free lighters