Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lactose Intolerant =/

1. Senior Member

Lactose Intolerant =/

Advertisements
    Does anyone have any tried and true lactose-free desert recipes? I am so bored with the things I normally make and so tired of having stomach problems
  2. Senior Member
    Me: Germany - Him: other side of the world

Have you tried making normal desserts and just using lactose-free milk / cream / butter?
    A few people in my family are lactose intolerant so for birthdays we always just make normal desserts using lactose-free products. You can't even taste the differents, it's super yummy and no one ever had stomach problems afterwards... except maybe from stuffing themselves too much...
    PCS time is getting closer. Let our Europe adventures begin!
  3. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Does taking something like Lactaid work for you?

This isn't a recipe but I love love LOVE coconut milk ice cream--Coconut Bliss (brand) is AMAZING. My favorite is the "Naked Coconut" or whatever it's called... of course if you don't like coconut that's no help. LOL
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  4. Gone Hiking
    Gone Hiking
    My kids are lactose intolerant.. Many recipes can be made using a dairy replacement such as soy, almond, or coconut milk and they still turn out very nicely. Oh and to substitute butter, there is earth balance/smart balance that isn't bad at all. If you are not turned off by vegan desserts, there is a wonderful site full of YUMMY recipes at chocolatecoveredkatie dot com. My younger daughter is on this site almost daily making as many of these recipes as possible.lol
  5. Senior Member
    I'm lactose intolerant and always just have fresh fruit over lactose free ice cream! A few strawberries, some sugar and a little ice cream is my favorite!
    No more countdown! He's home!!

"We don't cry because we are weak, but because we have been strong for too long"
  6. skp
    The journey is the reward.
    The journey is the reward.
    Trader Joe's makes awesome coconut milk based ice creams! They have soy based ice cream sandwiches too
    I also make Jello pudding using almond milk.

br33 is my professional deployment twin
    starsinthesky is my PAL
  7. BeachGrl210
    BeachGrl210

Frozen yogurt is always a go-to for me! There is no lactose in yogurt. And cool whip is also dairy free so anything with that is always a winner! I love mixing jello and cool-whip together! They also make a lot of lactose free (not dairy free) cheese now that I love too!
  8. Senior Member
    The only desserts that are off limits for me are ice cream/frozen yogurt. Anything else (cake with frosting for example) I just pop a couple of lactaid pills ahead of time and I"m good to go.
  9. Senior Member
    Thanks for the advice everyone! I do take the Lactaid pills, but I'm VERY sensitive and I have to take so many I go through entire boxes of pills really fast. Believe it or not, it gets expensive! Even a tiny amount of dairy will upset my stomach, and sometimes the pills don't even work!

I think I might try almond milk in a couple of recipies. I've had that before and I really liked it!

Oh, and it's REALLY hot today. Lactose-free ice cream sounds amazing!!
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHannahBanana View Post
    Does anyone have any tried and true lactose-free desert recipes? I am so bored with the things I normally make and so tired of having stomach problems

While I don't have any recipies, I'm slowly starting to think I'm Lactose Intolerant as well. My stomach hurts alot after eating dairy products, I didn't notice until I went to the dr and she told me to keep an eye on things that I was eating. I'm looking forward to gathering some recipes from your thread!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast