Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fruits & Veggies

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Fruits & Veggies

Advertisements
    I'm deathly allergic to fruits and vegetables. Most of them I cannot eat raw, only if theyre cooked. but they have to be very thoroughly cooked and I'm kin of terrified to ever eat any (even if cooked) bc I don't know how I'l lreact.

Has anyone had experience wtih this? And does anyone have suggestions on how I can still eat healthy? I feel so unhealthy because i rarely have any type of fruit or vegetable
  2. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Have you spoken to an allergist or a dietician/nutritionist? That's where I would start. I LOVE fruit and some veggies, so that would be really difficult for me.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  3. Senior Member
    Do you know exactly what kinds of fruits and veggies. Each fruit and veggie belongs to a certain "group" and usually have the same enzymes. When you cook them it breaks down the enzymes, which is why you can probably eat them. For example: my mom is allergic to all tropical fruits, because they have the same enzyme. That is mango, kiwi, starfruit, pineapple, etc.

I would go see an allergist to determine EXACTLY what you need to stay away from. And to make sure to get the right vitamin to make up for what you are missing.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    yeah, i have, they really weren't much help at all. ive been dealing with this for oh about four years or so.

i was seeing two allergists and getting shots from one. the other was @ University of MD and doing most of my testing. She said I was allergic to Latex, and the other doctor didn't believe me and used latex gloves on me, and I'd end up all itchy and rashed. Quit going to him needless to say. But the one at UMD offered to do shots, but it's just way too far away. (Over an hour with traffic and city driving) and their wait once you get there is kinda ridiculous
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Vitamins are a good idea. I'll look into that.

yeah, it's pretty much ALL of them it sucks though because i absolutely LOVE fruits
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimie14 View Post
    yeah, i have, they really weren't much help at all. ive been dealing with this for oh about four years or so.

i was seeing two allergists and getting shots from one. the other was @ University of MD and doing most of my testing. She said I was allergic to Latex, and the other doctor didn't believe me and used latex gloves on me, and I'd end up all itchy and rashed. Quit going to him needless to say. But the one at UMD offered to do shots, but it's just way too far away. (Over an hour with traffic and city driving) and their wait once you get there is kinda ridiculous
    Dh always had his shots at home, his entire childhood. His mom picked up a 3 month supply at a time.
  7. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I would look for a better allergist. It took my mom quite a few bad ones before she finally found one that knew enough about her allergy to really give her the best help possible.

Vitamins is a good option too! That is hard OP sorry
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    yeah. the shots worked pretty well for seasonal allergies, but thye said the shots wont do anything for the food allergies.

i recently talked to my sisters friends mom. She said that her oldest daughter fell into similar allergies around age 14 (same as me) and grew out of them around 21. Something about body chem changing every 7 years. Hope I get this change too!!
  9. Senior Member
    yeah. the shots worked pretty well for seasonal allergies, but thye said the shots wont do anything for the food allergies.

i recently talked to my sisters friends mom. She said that her oldest daughter fell into similar allergies around age 14 (same as me) and grew out of them around 21. Something about body chem changing every 7 years. Hope I get this change too!!
    Same with my mom, she grew into her allergy, though at a much later age.

I'm thinking that you could probably find a better allergist... or at least find a nutritionist to help you replace all the nutrients you are missing.
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed

In that case, I hope my DH becomes unallergic to cats.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast