Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worried bout $ on our upcoming move 2 San Diego

1. Loving My Corpsman!
    Loving My Corpsman!
    Advertisements
    yeahhh see my thing is I already picked out an "ok" Apt where i am at now... and to be honest I would of rather paid a tad bit more for a better one sooooooo much stuff has gone wrong with the area that DH and I are fed up! Soo I rather be safe than sorry and pick something we BOTH like rather than something to get us by. Thinking about it the $$ isnt gonna do us any good sitting in our graves lol Just saying.... Now its really time to get down with doing more things to save so we can have what we REALLY want! =D Thanks for all the advise guys! Dont kno how i would of done this without ya'll!
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I agree with Beach too. It helps to think in terms of what you can afford not what you "want" or "deserve." (Beyond basic shelter needs etc ... for example a not-wood kitchen is a luxury not a necessity). However it does all depend on priorities. Personally I would rather have financial stability than a dream apartment ... but like villanelle said it's different for everyone. I'm a Dave Ramsey girl so I am always going to pick the stability and savings buffer over living beyond my means.

Also you don't HAVE to sign a lease for 3 years at a time. You can always pick a smaller place and upgrade later. There's no law that says you can't get a bigger place when your lease is up. Apartment living is not permanent - that is an advantage to keep in mind!
  3. Senior Member
    You could always sign a 6 month lease and stay on the waiting list for housing. Then when your time comes up since you didn't use your free move into housing you use it to move into housing IF money is tight. But before you sign anything i'd advice you to check with the housing office when you get into town. You might get lucky and get a 3 bedroom if they have TONs of those open.

4. Praying for a Miracle
    Praying for a Miracle
    How big of a place are you looking for? Right now I live downtown and it's really expensive, but a few years ago I had a 1 bedroom 1 block from the beach in La Jolla and it was 1250 a month.
  5. Praying for a Miracle
    Praying for a Miracle
    Duplicate
    Last edited by Bruingirl; 10-11-2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: duplicate
  6. Loving My Corpsman!
    Loving My Corpsman!
    Well we are looking for a 2bedroom and we found one in Chula Vista for 1500 a month so we ended up taking it... La jolla looks soo nice in pics but its a lil farther away from base than I wanted it to be...
  7. Senior Member
    OMG! I would keep looking. Have you tried craigslist? Southern California is an expensive place to live, but I still think it's possible to find a place for < $1,800!!
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Closing old thread.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123