Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beyoncé tho

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I've only seen excerpts as I'm not going to pay for it, so maybe my perception is off. Perhaps it's just the juiciest, angry bits I've seen. I just think it's weird. Of course, I don't think anyone from her camp has confirmed it is even true or based on the truth of her marriage so who knows. But if it is, it seems to me like it's whoring out marital difficulties (made worse kind of, my Jay Z's involvement, assuming he was actually okay with all of it, and not just going along because, well... how do you shut down the wife you just stepped out on?) and shitting on someone to whom you have decided to stay a partner. Even if it ends in, But I love you now baby and I forgive you, it's passive aggressive, selling your marriage woes and your partner's dignity for profit, or fiction, or maybe some combination.
    I see your point but idk. I think if it was just the angry parts it would've been in poor taste but it was really beautiful & moving at the end. I mean, he cheated on her and that was in the rumor mill before this album ever dropped. We didn't really learn anything new but she got to take the story back and tell why she's stayed and such. It was moving to watch her take us through the process of finding out, the anger, deciding to rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    EDIT: Just realized it's an album not a song...

Guess that goes to show you how much I care about Beyonce
    I didnt care about her either but this album is so good. You really should watch the visual album if you have any interest at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    I dont love Beyonce so I wasnt going to spend a Saturday night in watching her video, but I did want to see it eventually. Now I cant watch it because they took it off HBO like 30 minutes after it premiered. So dumb. I am zero percent going to pay for tidal to watch/listen to that.
    Tidal has a 30 day free trial. So, that's what in doing cause I also wasn't gunna pay until after I saw it.
  2. Senior Member
    I especially loved the spoken word parts, especially when she called herself the mother of his children, both living and dead. Idk I was surprised she was so open about the miscarriage before they had Blue Ivy and it made me particularly sad. I really thought the whole thing was fantastic and I'm really not a Beyoncé fan at all. Literally the only song I've ever liked of hers is drunk in love.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I especially loved the spoken word parts, especially when she called herself the mother of his children, both living and dead. Idk I was surprised she was so open about the miscarriage before they had Blue Ivy and it made me particularly sad. I really thought the whole thing was fantastic and I'm really not a Beyoncé fan at all. Literally the only song I've ever liked of hers is drunk in love.
    I LOVED the spoken word part (I do love spoken word in general, tho). Definitely going to be looking up Warsan Shire, who helped her with that part of the project. And all the southern imagery and homages to black culture. God it was so good.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I loved it, I don't think they currently have issues, but she seems to be opening up about something they went through at some point & how she felt. It's music many women can relate to. I too was shocked that she brought up the miscarriage before Blue. I think it was artistic! I like seeing this side of her because you can tell she is truly feeling those lyrics lol it makes for good conversation!
  5. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I can't stand Beyonce and hate the fact that she's from Houston I feel like she's pulling an R.Kelly stuck in the closet moment....

6. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I literally thought it was a new song tbh
  7. Senior Member
    I can't stand beyonce and pay no attention to her. I don't know anything about this other than a couple chicks are claiming she is talking about them and that is only via the trending on FB info.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12