Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Making a Murderer (May contain spoilers)

1. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I get that it's biased but we saw the tapes of the "confession" and what the fuck? And the kids lawyer was basically conspiring against him. I can't believe they fucked them so hard.
    Oh 100% the tape of the guy who was hired to do the lie detector test when he was telling him what to draw and how to draw it, I just sat there with my mouth wide open because I couldn't believe that would be allowed and that that man was a "professional". The prosecutor also skeeved me out from the very beginning so the last episode was just kinda par for the course IMO.

2. Senior Member
    I know! So unbelievable. And idk what his official diagnosis is but the kid is very obviously delayed and they're asking him like circular questions that were way beyond what he could navigate. I mean there's video evidence of them feeding him questions and intimidating him to agree.
  3. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I know! So unbelievable. And idk what his official diagnosis is but the kid is very obviously delayed and they're asking him like circular questions that were way beyond what he could navigate. I mean there's video evidence of them feeding him questions and intimidating him to agree.
    I felt like the phone call with his mother where he was telling her they were going to throw out his confession because his statements were inconsistent and he asked her what it meant and she didn't know either was very telling. This kid obviously didn't have the knowledge or capacity to make smart decisions for himself and his appointed attorney wasn't looking out for him at all.

4. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    Yup. And it still goes on to this day.
    Scum of the earth deserve a fair trial. Even the guilty do.

Want to get even more disturbed at our "justice" system? Read this preface to a recent law review article by a very respected federal court judge:
    http://georgetownlawjournal.org/file...ki_Preface.pdf
    Oh I don't doubt it. Makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it.

Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey were presumed guilty from the beginning, they didn't have a chance. Meanwhile there's a rapist/murderer out there scot-free.

Not sure if I even want to read that just yet, still trying to process this entire clusterfuck.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  5. Senior Member
    On the third episode now...intrigued so far...
  6. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    I have no idea how Brendan's whole case didn't get thrown out.

7. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lepus View Post
    I have no idea how Brendan's whole case didn't get thrown out.
    Me either, honestly Steven Avery's case is questionable but was a LOT more solid than Brendan's. I don't understand how anyone could watch any of those "confession" tapes and feel in any way comfortable convicting that kid. Also, unless someone knows otherwise I don't think there was any physical evidence linking Brendan to the crime at all.

8. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    Me either, honestly Steven Avery's case is questionable but was a LOT more solid than Brendan's. I don't understand how anyone could watch any of those "confession" tapes and feel in any way comfortable convicting that kid. Also, unless someone knows otherwise I don't think there was any physical evidence linking Brendan to the crime at all.
    Especially since there was no DNA linking him to the crime!

9. Senior Member
    I know it's already been warned but,

::Spoilers ahead!::

From what I have been reading after watching the whole season, supposedly there was a lot of evidence that the filmmakers left out that really doesn't look good for Stephen Avery.

That being said, we have policies and procedures for a reason and even if they did commit these crimes, those policies and procedures still need to be followed. There should be no excuse for falsifying evidence and I personally feel that was the case here, at least in some instances. As they state at the end, this isn't something you think about until it happens to you. I thought it was really smart of the filmmakers to have drawn attention to this issue.

I just feel bad for Brendan because it seemed to me he was obviously manipulated and I couldn't believe they didn't give him another trial seeing as his lawyer didn't seem to represent his best interests at all. And seeing that blood vial with the needle prick in the top
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by she_lurks View Post
    I know it's already been warned but,

::Spoilers ahead!::

From what I have been reading after watching the whole season, supposedly there was a lot of evidence that the filmmakers left out that really doesn't look good for Stephen Avery.

That being said, we have policies and procedures for a reason and even if they did commit these crimes, those policies and procedures still need to be followed. There should be no excuse for falsifying evidence and I personally feel that was the case here, at least in some instances. As they state at the end, this isn't something you think about until it happens to you. I thought it was really smart of the filmmakers to have drawn attention to this issue.

I just feel bad for Brendan because it seemed to me he was obviously manipulated and I couldn't believe they didn't give him another trial seeing as his lawyer didn't seem to represent his best interests at all. And seeing that blood vial with the needle prick in the top
    Whether he actually did it is irrelevant.
    But as one supreme Court Justice said "actual innocence is no defense. Appeal denied"
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast