Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunger Games - Mockingjay Part 2 (Possible Spoilers)

1. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Advertisements
    I honestly have no disdain towards the last book, it's been a while since I've actually read it but I don't remember disliking it at all. I was happy that she ended up with Peeta, I was happy when she took out Coin rather than killing Snow when she had the chance because Coin was just as evil and manipulative to me as Snow was. Her being "crazy" and just going back to district 12 was dumb though they should of expanded more on the aftermath of her shooting Coin and they didn't so maybe they will in the movie some? Doubt it but I can hope!

2. Vex
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    I'm not superstitious, but I am a little-stitious.
    Blog Entries

Here's my beef with it. (LOTSO SPOILERS.)

Katniss: This amazingly resilient, strong, kickass character I'd grown to love melted into a pile of bubbling angst, morphling, and closets. I get that at the age of 17, she's been through a hell of a lot. But despite all of her seemingly-insurmountable challenges, I kept waiting for Katniss to find herself again, leap out of the closet/hospital bed, and fight back. Some people I would expect to roll over and give up. I didn't expect it from Katniss. But she did. All the way up to the epilogue.

And in the epilogue, Katniss ends up in 12, with Peeta. Not by choice, but just discarded there like a piece of trash after the rebellion is over. And Peeta is the only one who stuck around, so she kind of just defaults to him. Doesn't even follow up with Gale. Doesn't try to contact him. After everything he ever did for her and her family. Not only that, but after being adamant about not having children, she gives in because "PEETA WANTS DEM SO MUCH." As someone who is childfree, this was so infuriating. It takes "five, ten, fifteen years" (wtf, Suzanne Collins. Just say how many actual years it took.) but Katniss does cave in. She doesn't actually WANT to have kids, she just gives into Peeta's pressure. Two people as messed up as Katniss and Peeta at the end of this book have no business having kids, anyway.
  3. Love never fails. ♥
    Love never fails. ♥

I want to see it soooooooooooooooo bad! I don't know when we will get to see it though! Maybe tomorrow? I can hope, or maybe Sunday? I DON'T KNOW! Catching Fire was my favorite book, but I loved all of the movies too. It honestly takes a lot for me to hate a book to movie adaptation. I have never actually hated a movie that was a book first. Maybe I'm just really easy to please and I like to see the books I loved reading become something I can watch.

4. Senior Member
    I really loved the books (book 2 was my favorite). But, for some reason I wasn't super pumped for the Mockingjay part 2 movie (I didn't even realize it came out this weekend). I'm not sure why but I just lost interest. I'll still see it at some point though.

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Just saw it tonight! I thought it was great! You can read into it all you want, but I still thought it was well executed.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    Here's my beef with it. (LOTSO SPOILERS.)

Katniss: This amazingly resilient, strong, kickass character I'd grown to love melted into a pile of bubbling angst, morphling, and closets. I get that at the age of 17, she's been through a hell of a lot. But despite all of her seemingly-insurmountable challenges, I kept waiting for Katniss to find herself again, leap out of the closet/hospital bed, and fight back. Some people I would expect to roll over and give up. I didn't expect it from Katniss. But she did. All the way up to the epilogue.

And in the epilogue, Katniss ends up in 12, with Peeta. Not by choice, but just discarded there like a piece of trash after the rebellion is over. And Peeta is the only one who stuck around, so she kind of just defaults to him. Doesn't even follow up with Gale. Doesn't try to contact him. After everything he ever did for her and her family. Not only that, but after being adamant about not having children, she gives in because "PEETA WANTS DEM SO MUCH." As someone who is childfree, this was so infuriating. It takes "five, ten, fifteen years" (wtf, Suzanne Collins. Just say how many actual years it took.) but Katniss does cave in. She doesn't actually WANT to have kids, she just gives into Peeta's pressure. Two people as messed up as Katniss and Peeta at the end of this book have no business having kids, anyway.
    All of this
  7. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

I thought it was good. If you haven't read the books then sorry about this spoiler, but the only part that kind of sucked for me was how quick Prim's death was filmed. It was like there she was and then boom. Gone. Katniss wakes up in the hospital and no one says anything. I did cry though. Cried for Prim, cried for Finnick and cried when she melted down about the cat. It was good, I think they tied up what they needed to and while I feel somewhat unfulfilled by it being over, I think they hit the points that were important well, especially with Hoffman being gone mid filming.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12