Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Is anyone else not really into the crock pot?

1. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBär View Post
    I LOVE the liners...except when they rip

I found myself dealing with rips and tears more often than not and it was so depressing. Not too big of a deal, though, since my inner...pot...thingie...can go right into the dishwasher.
    Really? I only have rips if I'm using a knife or something to cut the meat, which is my fault for using steak knives I did just get a new pack of liners the other day that were made of a diff material than what i had been using previously so i think they may have changed them. They seemed like a stronger material
  2. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

I found myself dealing with rips and tears more often than not and it was so depressing. Not too big of a deal, though, since my inner...pot...thingie...can go right into the dishwasher.
    My mom loves her liners. She also likes to roast her Thanksgiving turkey in a turkey bag. One year, she made a grave mistake and thought she had a turkey bag lying around. Turned out it was a crockpot liner, and they don't do well in the oven

Our favorite one-liner from that Thanksgiving is "disaster in the kitchen!" Because my mom was running around yelling it
  3. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by be: pistachio View Post
    My mom loves her liners. She also likes to roast her Thanksgiving turkey in a turkey bag. One year, she made a grave mistake and thought she had a turkey bag lying around. Turned out it was a crockpot liner, and they don't do well in the oven

Our favorite one-liner from that Thanksgiving is "disaster in the kitchen!" Because my mom was running around yelling it

I use the turkey bag too
  4. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡

Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    Really? I only have rips if I'm using a knife or something to cut the meat, which is my fault for using steak knives I did just get a new pack of liners the other day that were made of a diff material than what i had been using previously so i think they may have changed them. They seemed like a stronger material
    What brand of liners do you use?
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by KaityBug View Post
    What brand of liners do you use?
    I feel like mine were Reynold's? They had a blue box. I haven't used them in a while and have yet to find them here on the economy!

I would be REALLY happy to hear that they upgraded their material like airmassweetie is saying. If they were stronger, they'd be worth their weight in gold for cleanup.
  6. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    OMG HAVE YOU SEEN THE VIDEO?!?!? hold on, finding you the link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIiws-rk1zk
    *tears running down my face* Thank you!!!!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KaityBug View Post
    I thought I was going to love it, but I really just don't. I keep trying to find it super easy, but I hate hate HATE cleaning it out. I'm still trying to get into CP cooking because of how easy the cooking part (or lack there-of) is, especially with a newborn and toddler running around...
    Buy the liners. Seriously. So flippin easy. Clean up consists of lifting out the liner and throwing it away. That's is. I usually swish the pot with hot soapy water afterwards, but that takes 10 seconds and probably isn't necessary.

I'v used several brands and never had a tear.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  8. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I feel like mine were Reynold's? They had a blue box. I haven't used them in a while and have yet to find them here on the economy!

I would be REALLY happy to hear that they upgraded their material like airmassweetie is saying. If they were stronger, they'd be worth their weight in gold for cleanup.
    Reynolds. I just bought a new box 3 days ago and when i took them out they seemed...tougher? thicker?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456