Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crockpot junkies!

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    I don't have a favorite. But I love my crockpot. My old one I got for our wedding in May 1998 & it still works perfect. DH got me a new one where you can remove the pot for easy cleaning. Love it but am a little sentimental over the wedding one.

I like a lot of recipes from here.

Recipes The Crockin' Girls
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  2. Meow.
    Meow.
    I LOVE my slow cooker! I'll be trying some of the recipes in this thread

Creamy cheesy chicken:
    Rub garlic salt, garlic powder, and pepper on boneless skinless chicken breast. Place in sow cooker and pour cream of chicken and cheddar cheese soup over chicken. Serve with rice. It's delicious!

Tender pork chops
    Lightly brown both sides of pork chops. Salt and pepper them. Place in slow cooker and pour a can of mushroom soup and a half a can of water. I cook on low for 5-6 hours. DH and I hate mushrooms, but we LOVE these pork chops.

Zesty BBQ chicken sandwiches
    http://www.pepperplate.com/recipes/view.aspx?id=604829
  3. Senior Member
    I just got a crockpot for Christmas. I haven't done any type of cooking...ever. I'm totally scared of the thing...
  4. Meow.
    Meow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whe24 View Post
    I just got a crockpot for Christmas. I haven't done any type of cooking...ever. I'm totally scared of the thing...
    It's the last thing in the kitchen you should be afraid of

Just follow a recipe (they are usually pretty simple). The first time you cook with it, watch how quickly it cooks the food. I dont know if it's the size of my slow cooker, but on low it still cooks fast (most dishes on low will be done after 4-5 hours). I have to turn it on warm after awhile so I dont burn the food. After a couple uses you'll get to know how your slow cooker cooks on different settings
    Last edited by Mandaaa; 01-05-2012 at 05:44 AM. Reason: i cant spell at 2am
  5. Senior Member
    I got one for christmas too! I have my own daycare, and everyone normally gets picked up at 5 at the latest. We eat dinner at 530, for a 7pm bedtime for DD. Cooking in the crockpot makes that so doable but you throw everything in the pot, and it cooks all day and makes your house smell amaaaaaazing

Don't be afraid!!!

Https://mommytograce.scentsy.us
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GatesGirl View Post
    It's the last thing in the kitchen you should be afraid of

Just follow a recipe (they are usually pretty simple). The first time you cook with it, watch how quickly it cooks the food. I dont know if it's the size of my slow cooker, but on low it still cooks fast (most dishes on low will be done after 4-5 horus). I have to turn it on warm after awhile so I dont burn the food. After a couple uses you'll get to know how your slow cooker cooks on different settings
    Oh gosh...so i definately shouldn't set it and leave it until I develop a relationship with my crockpot and get to know its capabilities! haha! Ok...I'll try it on my next day off. I'll let you guys know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by missmaaaine View Post
    I got one for christmas too! I have my own daycare, and everyone normally gets picked up at 5 at the latest. We eat dinner at 530, for a 7pm bedtime for DD. Cooking in the crockpot makes that so doable but you throw everything in the pot, and it cooks all day and makes your house smell amaaaaaazing

Don't be afraid!!!
    HAHA HEY!!! I know you!! Well...sorta...not really. We met once IRL a few weeks ago. You, me and my old roomie went out for chinese and then watched random movies. Small world! Anyhoo, thanks for the advise!! I'll give it a try!!!
  7. Meow.
    Meow.
    Oh gosh...so i definately shouldn't set it and leave it until I develop a relationship with my crockpot and get to know its capabilities! haha! Ok...I'll try it on my next day off. I'll let you guys know how it goes!
    Most will give you a good 6-8 hours on low, but like I said, I've had roast beef burn after 7 hours (recipe said 7-8 hours). I've also had bean soup in a slow cooker most of the day and it turned out great. Sometimes it depends on what you're cooking. So I usually dont put my food in the slow cooker until 1-2pm. But after one use you should have a good idea
  8. Senior Member

HAHA HEY!!! I know you!! Well...sorta...not really. We met once IRL a few weeks ago. You, me and my old roomie went out for chinese and then watched random movies. Small world! Anyhoo, thanks for the advise!! I'll give it a try!!!
    Sooo funny! I had to re-read it a few times.. I was like Whaaat. I remember!!

Https://mommytograce.scentsy.us
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GatesGirl View Post
    Most will give you a good 6-8 hours on low, but like I said, I've had roast beef burn after 7 hours (recipe said 7-8 hours). I've also had bean soup in a slow cooker most of the day and it turned out great. Sometimes it depends on what you're cooking. So I usually dont put my food in the slow cooker until 1-2pm. But after one use you should have a good idea
    EEEEk!! Ok, now i'm a little excited!!
  10. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightingail View Post
    Fav recipe: Paula Dean Taco Soup

1 lb ground beef (as lean as possible)
    3 cans pinto beans
    2 cans tomatoes with green chills
    1 can white corn
    1 package taco seasoning (I prefer the hot & spicy pack to the mild)
    1 package ranch dressing

Top with chips, sour cream (if you like it - I don't) & cheddar cheese.

This is perfect on a cold day or for a day of football. Great alternative to chili.

And guess what?! NO BUTTER!

I made this the other night and it was amazing!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123