Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedding songs

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Wedding songs

Advertisements
    What were the songs for your traditional dances at your wedding? ie: father/daughter dance, mother/son dance, first dance, last dance?

We're still trying to decide most of them but for the first dance we're thinking Die a Happy Man by Thomas Rhett and for the last dance Shipping up to Boston by the Dropkick Murphy's haha.
  2. Senior Member
    I know its new but I really love Humble and Kind by Tim McGraw for a father daughter dance. He wrote the song for his daughter when she went off to college.

3. Senior Member
    Nothing to contribute but I love those choices!
  4. Senior Member
    Our first dance was Jasmine Thompson's cover of Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Meghan Trainor just because it became "our song" when he was leaving. We did our father/daughter and mother/son at the same time to What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong and before we left we danced to La Vie en Rose also by Louis Armstrong because it's my favorite.

If you want lovey wedding day sic to play throughout I have a Playlist of over 100 songs I had planned to use at mine, but we only played a couple special ones since we ended up hiring a live band.
  5. Senior Member
    We did Sweet Thing by Van Morrison for our first dance and the First of May by the Bee Gees for our Father/Daughter dance. I was born on May 1st so it was a special song but the lyrics just really fit. We also did What a Wonderful World for the Mother/Son dance-it's such a good one!
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I know its new but I really love Humble and Kind by Tim McGraw for a father daughter dance. He wrote the song for his daughter when she went off to college.
    yea I was thinking of that when I heard it on the radio here. I know here they're (radio stations) highly associating it with all of the police shootings that have been going on though so that makes me a little hesitant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Nothing to contribute but I love those choices!
    thanks!! I hoping Shipping Up to Boston doesn't confuse to many people into thinking we're transferring there haha we just both love that song.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    Our first dance was Jasmine Thompson's cover of Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Meghan Trainor just because it became "our song" when he was leaving. We did our father/daughter and mother/son at the same time to What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong and before we left we danced to La Vie en Rose also by Louis Armstrong because it's my favorite.

If you want lovey wedding day sic to play throughout I have a Playlist of over 100 songs I had planned to use at mine, but we only played a couple special ones since we ended up hiring a live band.
    Awe your wedding sounds like it was awesome! I think DF wants to do What a Wonderful World with his mom but he won't commit (he has a problem with that lol). We were going to do a playlist too but decided to hire a DJ because I was worried about keeping the events/ ceremonies on track haha I'm a control/organization freak and it would bug me if we forgot to do something because we weren't paying attention to the song playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlc311 View Post
    We did Sweet Thing by Van Morrison for our first dance and the First of May by the Bee Gees for our Father/Daughter dance. I was born on May 1st so it was a special song but the lyrics just really fit. We also did What a Wonderful World for the Mother/Son dance-it's such a good one!
    nice I'm so bad with music haha I don't think I've even heard that one from the Bee Gees.
  7. Senior Member
    Ahhh were doing Die a happy man for our first dance too!!! Love that song! Since my dad passed I am doing a little video of pics and stuff with him while Dance with my father again is playing. For the mother daughter dance I chose In my daughters eyes. And df hasnt chose a song yet for the mother son dance. But the last song will be Time of my life. (I love Dirty Dancing )

Eta: another good first or last dance is From the Ground up by Dan and Shay. Also if my dad was still alive for a father daughter dance I would choose I loved her first by Heartland
    Last edited by irish85; 07-20-2016 at 01:08 PM.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  8. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    First dance song: Crazy Girl by Eli Young Band
    Father/Daughter: It won't be like this for long by Darius Rucker

9. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    First Song: Love story by Taylor Swift
    Father/Daughter: Stealing Cinderella (I think) by Chuck Wicks
    Mother/Son: I don't remember, something by AC/DC
    Final Song: Closing Time by Semisonic
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post

Such Beautiful songs!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast