Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Getting mixed answers

1. Senior Member

Getting mixed answers

Advertisements
    Everything is falling into place, (got the invitations today! ) but now we are just down to finalizing things such as the rehearsal dinner.

So my question is: is it proper to invite the Pastor and his wife to the rehearsal dinner? Some people say its sort of expected, its a nice gesture to say thank you. Others say no, not expected or required at all. In fact it never even crossed some peoples minds. I just want to do what best and not be rude.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  2. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I think it's appropriate. We invited the person who married us and his wife to our rehearsal dinner.

life's a party, rock your body
  3. Regular Member
    It is appropriate. And a very polite thing to do.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jendelion View Post
    I think it's appropriate. We invited the person who married us and his wife to our rehearsal dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by MsLadyD View Post
    It is appropriate. And a very polite thing to do.
    Ok great! Thank you guys!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Yes because they are at the rehearsal right? Whoever is there is who you invite and others if needed. That was what I always thought.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  6. Senior Member
    We were married by a non-clergy member, but she was definitely invited to the dinner. They have to be at the rehearsal, so it seems odd to exclude them when everyone else is headed off to dinner.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    Yes because they are at the rehearsal right? Whoever is there is who you invite and others if needed. That was what I always thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    We were married by a non-clergy member, but she was definitely invited to the dinner. They have to be at the rehearsal, so it seems odd to exclude them when everyone else is headed off to dinner.
    very true thanks so much .

I thought I'd give an update, so we obviously both decided the right thing to do is to invite the Pastor and his wife. So next step was finding a place. I wanted to have it in the place we met because I thought that would be cute. But they did not have availability, so I decided to call the place across the street. They have the room, great price, only one problem. They are having a "drink and draw" that night. So topless women will be walking around. . They said they will see if they can bring screens with them.