Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Soon to be married, Rushed wedding plans!!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Blush Soon to be married, Rushed wedding plans!!

Advertisements
    Hi! My name is Hannah, I am 18 and currently living separately (about an hour away) from my significant other. He is enlisting into the national guard soon, so we have decided to plan a small wedding ceremony in April, mostly because we already have our dating anniversary in April. We would like to keep our day, even for our marriage. Lol. Anyways, we are planning on a simple, courthouse marriage. Not because we don't want to have anything "big" but because we have decided we would really like to just get the marriage over with, since we are certain we will be married whether we get married in April or 5 years from now. We think it would be great for both our parents to attend, however we don't feel it is necessary considering we will plan a larger ceremony with all of our family and friends to happen in the next couple of years. We know the day will be special just because it will be OUR day. I am just struggling to make sure everything is in order to make the day perfect, rather it is extravagant or simple. We are both generally simple people and enjoy things to be intimate with just the two of us so I feel, personally, a courthouse marriage sounds perfect! Any advice, though, for a young soon-to-be-married couple? And what can I do to make sure everything falls into place just as we would like? I know not everything will happen exactly as we want, but we still want the day to be memorable and special.
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah_joyce413 View Post
    Hi! My name is Hannah, I am 18 and currently living separately (about an hour away) from my significant other. He is enlisting into the national guard soon, so we have decided to plan a small wedding ceremony in April, mostly because we already have our dating anniversary in April. We would like to keep our day, even for our marriage. Lol. Anyways, we are planning on a simple, courthouse marriage. Not because we don't want to have anything "big" but because we have decided we would really like to just get the marriage over with, since we are certain we will be married whether we get married in April or 5 years from now. We think it would be great for both our parents to attend, however we don't feel it is necessary considering we will plan a larger ceremony with all of our family and friends to happen in the next couple of years. We know the day will be special just because it will be OUR day. I am just struggling to make sure everything is in order to make the day perfect, rather it is extravagant or simple. We are both generally simple people and enjoy things to be intimate with just the two of us so I feel, personally, a courthouse marriage sounds perfect! Any advice, though, for a young soon-to-be-married couple? And what can I do to make sure everything falls into place just as we would like? I know not everything will happen exactly as we want, but we still want the day to be memorable and special.
    Didn't you ask a very similar question under a different user name, hannah_joyce1997 18 and soon to be army wife?

And then this thread: weddings!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hannah_joyce1997 View Post
    My fiance and I have a set date for April 13th and I get butterflies thinking about it lol. But I am ready to make it official and get it over with.

3. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Didn't you ask a very similar question under a different user name, hannah_joyce1997 18 and soon to be army wife?

4. Senior Member
    I think there is also a thread around here somewhere about rushed weddings and the consensus was if you feel rushed, it probably isn't the time to get married.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post

"She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  6. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Closing for discussion.