Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: who pays for...?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

who pays for...?

Advertisements
    the groomsmen's outfits? DF's mom thought the parents of the groom were responsible for it but I thought the groomsmen would pay for their own.

They're not renting tuxedos. They're buying a suit vest and pants for $70

2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I figured they always paid for it themselves. As a bridesmaid I've always paid for my own dresses...
  3. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

To me it's the same as bridesmaids' dresses ... the bride can pay for them but she doesn't have to. It's a nice gesture but not required.

However, if the wedding party is going to be responsible for their own clothes, I think the couple should get their budget and adhere to that when picking the outfits they want them to buy.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I never even thought about paying for them or having someone else pay for them

Our groomsmen paid for their own. Really not a big deal. But hey, if she wants to pay for them, I'm sure no one would oppose! Except for maybe the bridesmaids
  5. Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky
    Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky
    I think it's the attendents responsibility. But we paid for our tux rentals and bridesmaids dresses.
  6. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Now that I think about it, one wedding we all had to pre-order these convertible dresses in a specific colour during a very small window of time so they could be made and sent to us with time to make any alterations. The mother of the bride paid for all the dresses upfront to make sure they'd all be ordered on time, and I was told I didn't have to pay her back. However, I didn't feel right not paying since the guys all paid for their tux rentals. I'm pretty sure we all ended up paying for them but we had about six months between the order date and the wedding so we could save up and budget appropriately. It would've been too weird if I hadn't paid for my dress IMO.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Every wedding I've been involved in, the groomsmen have paid for their own suits. My ex was in like 8 weddings when we were together, and we paid for each one of the suit rentals. It's like $50-$75 no where near as bad as bridesmaid dresses

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by JennyJennJenn View Post
    Every wedding I've been involved in, the groomsmen have paid for their own suits. My ex was in like 8 weddings when we were together, and we paid for each one of the suit rentals. It's like $50-$75 no where near as bad as bridesmaid dresses
    my bridesmaid dresses are all $69.99 with free shipping. The vest and pants for the groomsmen add up to $70 so they ended up even. Buying them is about the same price as renting and they get to keep them for forever! With dress shirts the groomsmen's attire will cost more than the bridesmaids!

I don't think I will tell our groomsmen that DF's mom was going to pay for their stuff but I turned her down on the offer!

Thanks for the help everyone!

9. Senior Member
    Whomever wants to. You can't really rely on the traditions because they are all mixed and changed and everyone does it differently.

That said, I think that most often, the groomsmen themselves pay. I cant' remember if ours did or not, and half of them wore uniforms. I paid for my girls' dresses (and bought them more modest gifts instead).
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski