Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Dresses

1. Senior Member

Wedding Dresses

Advertisements
    So I am going wedding dress shopping within the next month. I found a place that pretty much carries everything so I figured they would be a good place to start. I tried doing some online shopping and looked through magazines but I was really overwhelmed by the super flashy, half see-through designer wedding dresses. Can anybody recommend any good brands or websites that I can browse through and see practical wedding gowns? I'm hoping to get a decent idea of what is out there.

Oh and pinterest has not been much help since most of the dresses I like are discontinued
  2. Regular Member
    David's Bridal, that is where I bought my wedding and bridesmaid dresses. I went to a dozen different stores and just really liked their selection. They are also online. Take tons of pictures of the dresses after you put them on. We have a whole photo album dedicated to the ladies and I trying on different dresses, modeling and just being goofy.

As a side note: After trying on more dresses that I care to mention, I bought the first dress I tried on.
  3. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

Have you tried davidsbridal.com? I know a lot of brides who buy their dresses there! I checked it out, but I couldn't find a dress I liked. I'm petite and I'm really pale, so I ended up going with an oyster colored dress. If you want something a little different (or cheaper) try a formal wear store that sells other things than just wedding dresses. I bought mine at a place that sold prom dresses too. My dress was last season, but it fit me perfectly and I loved it! The price was lowered too because it wasn't "in season". Here's a pic in case you want to see (Sorry if they're big!)
    Front:

Back:
  4. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

I got my dress from David's Bridal! I can post a picture of it too but I liked the variety they had that also fit my budget. They also had a lot in my size because I'm a bigger girl so I was paranoid to go wedding dress shopping!

This is my dress:

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I found a dress I LOVED on pintrest and google searched the image till I found it. Etsy and some other stores may make the dress you like or something similar.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  6. Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Blog Entries
    I went to a local boutique. I found the experience better than my David's bridal appointment I had. Also Alfred Angelo Has a military discount if pricing is ever an issue. I liked them ok but I found my boutique on the knot and went because they had the best ratings. Took pictures of the dresses I liked and we found the dress! I looooove it so much!!

And I highly recommend Maggie Sottero. They aren't super flashy but enough to catch an eye!

Fur/feather momma to Zeus, Inky, Doodle, and Hermes
  7. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    I would take what you like of on Pinterest to show them at your appointment. Maybe able to find similar and it will give the consultant an idea of what you like.
  8. Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky
    Meet me underneath the Oklahoma sky
    I went to a local boutique. I had been to David's Bridal but never found anything I liked. And they severely pissed me off for selling my name and phone number to a ton of vendors, none of which I wanted nor needed. I absolutely loved the service and selection at the boutique I went to. They ordered my dress from the designer and we got the tuxes from there too. They went above and beyond for us. They delivered the tuxes to the wedding site, as well as my dress, dressed us all, and even helped with last minute problems we had. They were a God send for me and I'm not sure I would have been as relaxed without them.

I also went in with an idea of what I wanted, then decided to try on one of each style of dress, then narrowed it down from there. And it was a lot of fun too.
  9. Senior Member
    Thanks ladies! I browsed through David's Bridal before when I bought my elopement dress. They had exactly what I needed; short with a little lace and tulle, fun but cheap! I looked through the other dresses they had but wasn't too excited by any. That was a few months ago though so I should at least go back and try!

There's a boutique by my home so I'll definitely try them. I just have no idea what is going to look good on me so my pinterest is full of the most random dresses!
  10. Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Fur/Feather/Scale Momma
    Blog Entries
    You are going to try on ALOT of dresses regardless. Pick one of each style you like and see how they work. I didn't think I'd go for a fit and flare but I did! You never know until you try it on! You will know quickly what you prefer. Have fun!!

Fur/feather momma to Zeus, Inky, Doodle, and Hermes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast