Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: need some suggestions

1. Regular Member

need some suggestions

Advertisements
    Ok so me and DF are planning to just to the lovely court house marriage to start out with when he first gets home from his deployment. One of the reasons why is because we found out that DF is PCSing about six months after he gets back so that's one reason we are going to start with the court house marriage. Well my thing is I was talking to DF and my dad is willing to pay for a wedding and im wondering if maybe me and him should try to do the wedding before he PCSs or wait until after the PCS. All my family is here in this state so it would deffinantly be more convienent for them if we had it here. But DF says that he will probably be so busy with getting things settled after the deployment and then having to get ready for the PCS. What do you guys think? would it be better for me to wait a little longer for the actual wedding or should I try to see if we can work the wedding in before the PCS?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I would do the wedding there. That is what me and my now DH did. It was a small wedding but it was very nice and I am very glad we did it.

~Art Page~
    Germy = wifey
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by allisonmj View Post
    All my family is here in this state so it would deffinantly be more convienent for them if we had it here.
    If you want your family at the ceremony, then have it where you are now.
  4. Senior Member
    Personally I would want my family there. DH and I did a "courthouse wedding" kind of thing with just our immediate family's. It was on his leave after tech school right before he went to his first official station (which was Germany). However, it is also very important to me to have a bigger wedding to celebrate with all of our extended family, so we will have a bigger ceremony later. Unfortunately due to circumstances out of our control (-.-) we have had to push it back a few years and I think we will do it between duty stations as we PCS (like take leave after we outprocess here and before we inprocess at the next place or very close to one of the two). Its really all about how important it is to you to have those family members there that wouldnt be able to make it to a further destination. If its not too big a deal, you could wait. But if it is I would explain that to your DF and surely he would be able to find time if its that important to you! Good luck!!!!!!
  5. Senior Member
    I would do the wedding where you are now, and not worry so much about it being big and fancy. I'd rather everyone be able to be there, and be married sooner!
  6. Regular Member
    Thank you everyone. Yeah I am thinking we will try to do it here. we will see how the planning for it ends up going. We both only want a small wedding. DF is a very private person that really doesn't have many people that he would even want there. and all id want is my main family there