Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Woes.

1. Regular Member

Wedding Woes.

Advertisements
    2 weeks away before the DH and I have our big day and wedding planner/ caterer for the venue is over charging me, screening my calls, and when I do get a hold of her she is being very rude. I am currently in the process of trying to get a hold of her to deal with this matter of the overcharging. She has been on the phone, with another client, and then out to lunch for the 3 times that I have tried to call. The receptionist told me that she is a very busy lady but please tell me why she had to pause to make up a reason why her boss couldn't speak with me. I am usually a very calm person. I was raised in the south and momma taught me to kill them with kindness. Well, I'm about to the end of that rope.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by MissBrenna View Post
    2 weeks away before the DH and I have our big day and wedding planner/ caterer for the venue is over charging me, screening my calls, and when I do get a hold of her she is being very rude. I am currently in the process of trying to get a hold of her to deal with this matter of the overcharging. She has been on the phone, with another client, and then out to lunch for the 3 times that I have tried to call. The receptionist told me that she is a very busy lady but please tell me why she had to pause to make up a reason why her boss couldn't speak with me. I am usually a very calm person. I was raised in the south and momma taught me to kill them with kindness. Well, I'm about to the end of that rope.
    Do you have a contract that specifies the various expenses? How is she overcharging you?
  3. Banned
    Banned
    How frustrating. How is she over charging you? Did you sign a contract?
  4. Senior Member
    I would request making an appointment with her ASAP and if that doesn't work, show up at the venue to talk to her.
  5. Regular Member
    I just got a hold of her and made her go over everything on the contract. I was over charged $450 and it is now being put back on my card. How the heck I was overcharged that much beats me. If she was going by the contract you'd think that this wouldn't happen. I would LOVE to go in to talk to her but I am not currently living in NY. I hope that nothing else happens. I am having my aunt go in and speak with her. My aunt lives on post where the venue is and the woman didn't seem to thrilled to have to deal with her because they spoke about an earlier issue and kind of went round and round a bit. I'm not trying to be bridezilla here but I think it's reasonable to say that I should get everything that I paid for and everything that is specified on my contract...
  6. Banned
    Banned
    I just got a hold of her and made her go over everything on the contract. I was over charged $450 and it is now being put back on my card. How the heck I was overcharged that much beats me. If she was going by the contract you'd think that this wouldn't happen. I would LOVE to go in to talk to her but I am not currently living in NY. I hope that nothing else happens. I am having my aunt go in and speak with her. My aunt lives on post where the venue is and the woman didn't seem to thrilled to have to deal with her because they spoke about an earlier issue and kind of went round and round a bit. I'm not trying to be bridezilla here but I think it's reasonable to say that I should get everything that I paid for and everything that is specified on my contract...
    But if she is putting the money back on the card, then why have your aunt talk to her too? Honestly, I know she was in the wrong overcharging you, but it looks like she finally fixed it. If I was your caterer, I wouldn't be too thrilled having to deal with my clients aunt either.
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    But if she is putting the money back on the card, then why have your aunt talk to her too? Honestly, I know she was in the wrong overcharging you, but it looks like she finally fixed it. If I was your caterer, I wouldn't be too thrilled having to deal with my clients aunt either.
    I'm having my aunt talk to her because that isn't the only issue. There have been quite a few other issues. She wasn't the original planner that we (my aunt and I) dealt with. The other one got fired. There are many many things that we talked with in the initial meetings before with the other planner who assured me that she personally would take care of everything. Unfortunately she didn't make a note of ANY of these things so there is no guarantee that I will get any of these things (including a dance floor that was suppose to be included that now I am being charged 500 for). I'm just trying to ensure that these things will be taken care of so that I will not have to worry about them on my wedding day or miss out on them at all. It kind of sucks being promised something and then when one planner leaves the other one comes in and tells you "sorry, no idea what she told you but this is how it is now."
    Banned
    I'm having my aunt talk to her because that isn't the only issue. There have been quite a few other issues. She wasn't the original planner that we (my aunt and I) dealt with. The other one got fired. There are many many things that we talked with in the initial meetings before with the other planner who assured me that she personally would take care of everything. Unfortunately she didn't make a note of ANY of these things so there is no guarantee that I will get any of these things (including a dance floor that was suppose to be included that now I am being charged 500 for). I'm just trying to ensure that these things will be taken care of so that I will not have to worry about them on my wedding day or miss out on them at all. It kind of sucks being promised something and then when one planner leaves the other one comes in and tells you "sorry, no idea what she told you but this is how it is now."
    That's why you don't do business on a promise, you get a contract and have it cover EVERYTHING no matter how small. If the dance floor, for example, was not in the contract as being included and was a verbal agreement I totally understand why they're charging you. It sucks that you were promised things and aren't getting them, but that's why you have a contract.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Be-Bo View Post
    That's why you don't do business on a promise, you get a contract and have it cover EVERYTHING no matter how small. If the dance floor, for example, was not in the contract as being included and was a verbal agreement I totally understand why they're charging you. It sucks that you were promised things and aren't getting them, but that's why you have a contract.
    you kinda dropped the ball on this one. You should have put everything in contract. I mean, I get the original planner left, but you could have told the person who took over anything that the first planner supposedly told you, but without proof, you don't really have anything to go on. With something as important as my wedding, I'd make sure I have everything covered to minimize things going wrong.
  10. Senior Member
    Also, if your aunt didn't sign the contract, I can understand why she doesn't want to meet with your aunt.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast