Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: already married but planning the ceremony

1. Regular Member

already married but planning the ceremony

Advertisements
    My husband and I are already married. We eloped. I'm 7 months pregnant and a couple months ago it was my husband's birthday. We don't usually go out but that night we were celebrating for his big day and we were sitting at our favorite hookah bar with our friends and all of a sudden he asks me to turn and look at him. I'm wondering what he's doing and he gets down on one knee in front of everyone. He tells me I'm his best friend and he always wants me to be by his side. That I'm already his family but he wanted to give me something to remind me he's already my partner for life. He took the ring out and then asked me "Juliet will you marry me?" I of course said yes.

We had tried the whole wedding thing before but it was too much stress for us since he was preparing to go to basic in a few months and our families were pushing for what they wanted so we fought a lot about it and canceled the wedding we had been planning. Finally we realized we don't care what we do as long as we are married so we went to the court house and just did it. No one knew and no one found out for about 2 weeks. It was happy for us and I'm very glad to say we don't fight now that we've figured out the one problem we've had since May. We could never be happier with our decision. Now we are trying to plan a ceremony for our families and friends. I already know the dress I want but other than that I have no idea! He wants it to be in a garden but we live in Phoenix so that's going to be a little hard to do with heat and stuff since we'll be doing this spring 2014. Anyone have some ideas about themes or places in our area?

Here's a picture of the dress I'm going to get. Before commenting about how flattering it is to my midsection please remember I'm 7 months pregnant.

Last edited by NavyGirl584318; 09-27-2013 at 12:27 PM.
  2. Almost done with college! !
    Almost done with college! !
    Blog Entries
    OP I can't view the picture. But when planning your wedding do what you want. If you want elephants you want elephants you know what I'm saying? Its your day and your husbands day not anyone else's.
  3. Regular Member
    I don't know. I have no idea what I want at all. I've never really had a "dream wedding" so i have absolutely no clue. I just want everyone to be happy and have fun. I already had my dream wedding when I married my husband so it's hard for me to figure out what I want for this. It's more my husband that comes up with the ideas but he wants me to do this.

hopefully this link will work
  4. Regular Member
  5. Almost done with college! !
    Blog Entries
    Your dress is lovely
  6. Regular Member
    Thank you. This is from last week. I barely look pregnant in it so I'm excited for how it will look after having our little girl
  7. Regular Member
    I was thinking for a color theme maybe blue and gold, but lighter blue and almost a faded gold. I'm not sure how well that works with my husband's idea of doing it in a floral garden
  8. Senior Member
    Blue and gold (in muted shades not like navy blue and brassy gold) would be nice in a garden setting.

I think what Chris88 means is plan it to what you and your husband want from a wedding ceremony. Act as if you are not married and are planning. Use the colors you want, the flowers you want, invite the guests you want, have the food you want, if you want booze there have it and if not don't etc etc. Basically don't worry about if the guest want it or not. You will be unable to please every guest in every way so please yourself and if the guests like it great if not also great. And remember. Even family are guests when you are getting married. They might be the family of the bride and groom but they are not the bride and groom and it is not their wedding.
  9. Regular Member
    I know... But i really don't want anything. I want our loved ones there and I want to celebrate my marriage to the amazing love of my life. I never really wanted a wedding but my husband does so this is more up his alley. I'm not really girly, but I guess that just like with the dress when I see something I love it will click. so far dress, color scheme, and idea for a location are just about set.
  10. Almost done with college! !
    Blog Entries
    So what I think you should do is decide if you want a small or large wedding. Do you want an outdoor or indoor. What type of theme do you want. Is your husband wearing his uniform. Are you having a bridal party or grooms men. What types of food you like. Etc.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast