Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Explosion in the Ukraine.

1. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries

Explosion in the Ukraine.

Advertisements
    Nuclear bomb detonated in Ukraine – nuclear blast detected | The Internet Chronicle

Ukraine – Ukrainian government officials confirmed a nuclear blast was detected in Ukraine Sunday. No other news is coming out of the area.

Three videos just uploaded show the small nuclear blast below. Nothing more is known at this time, including who launched the weapon or against which target.

The materials appear to have originated from the war-torn region of Ukraine, where separatists are attempting to return control of the former Soviet nation to Russia.

The attack comes after Britain’s defense minister voiced concerns Russia may have “lowered the threshold” for using nuclear weapons.

In their criticisms, Britain warned Russia’s nuclear strategy was being integrated with conventional forces in “a rather threatening way.”

Russia’s new military doctrine reserves the right to use nuclear weapons in a conventional attack that endangers the state’s existence, but some in the military were reportedly calling for a “first strike option.”
    Scary.

This from CNN Explosion reported at chemical plant in eastern Ukraine - CNN.com

CNN)A strong explosion was reported at a Donetsk chemical goods plant in eastern Ukraine, the city's website reported Monday.

The attack took place late Sunday, according to the website. A number of buildings in the area were damaged, including residences, but no casualties have been reported.

Eduard Basurin, a military official with the Donetsk People's Republic Defense, accused Ukraine of carrying out the attack.

The Ukrainian Defense Ministry wouldn't say if the explosion was the result of an attack by its military.
    Last edited by Eye; 02-09-2015 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Better news source.
  2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
  3. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    I read this was a normal mushroom cloud, not a nuke.
  4. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    CNN just reported that it was an arms building that was hit. Whatever, that explosion is HUGE!
  5. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Oh my.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  6. Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Justice Beaver: The Crime Fighting Beaver
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye View Post
    CNN just reported that it was an arms building that was hit. Whatever, that explosion is HUGE!
    Yes, but the media saying nuke is a big deal
  7. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lepus View Post
    Yes, but the media saying nuke is a big deal
    AGREE!!!
  8. Senior Member
    Uhm is your source a legit news source? Cause reading over all the other 'breaking news', it seems like quite the fake news site. Like the onion. Just that I'm not sure if it's meant to be satire...

edit: scratch my question. I just found the answer myself.
    From their 'about':
    At the Chronicle.SU, we take truth seriously. We take what we do so seriusly, untruths at chronicle.su are punishable by mutilation or death.

Sadly, chronicle.su is not of this earth. After crash landing in an asteroid December 30th, 1976, the alien husks of Chronicle editors rapidly adapted to Earth climates and bacterial flora. They are able to survive naturally in the wild and reproduce freely.

Here at chronicle.su, we take a liberal stance on drug abuse and theft of intellectual property, but that does not mean we are liberal because liberals are faggots and I ain’t no steer-boatin’ queer!

Receiving tweets twice daily via fax from religious advisers impregnates our right-wing furnace of hate, enabling us to bring you the most horrifyingly sensational headlines you’ve ever seen, or your money back – guaranteed!

If you wish to write us spam, please use press@chronicle.su and we will get back to you at our earliest possible convenience, or whenever.

Soooooooooo, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Posting things like nukes being dropped on the Ukraine is a huge deal... maybe look at your source a bit more closely...
  9. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    Uhm is your source a legit news source? Cause reading over all the other 'breaking news', it seems like quite the fake news site. Like the onion. Just that I'm not sure if it's meant to be satire...

edit: scratch my question. I just found the answer myself.
    From their 'about':

Soooooooooo, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Posting things like nukes being dropped on the Ukraine is a huge deal... maybe look at your source a bit more closely...
    Is the OP better now?
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye View Post
    Is the OP better now?
    Well, I kinda still think the first one is not a news source at all... it's a satire site... but yeah, I guess it's better since the second part is actually from a legit source.
    Last edited by Serenity; 02-09-2015 at 10:52 AM. Reason: forgot part of the sentence
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast