Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: ISIS is killing, torturing and raping children in Iraq, U.N. says

1. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries

ISIS is killing, torturing and raping children in Iraq, U.N. says

Advertisements
    ISIS is killing, torturing and raping children in Iraq, U.N. says - CBS News

BERLIN -- The United Nations says the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) is systematically killing, torturing and raping children and families of minority groups in Iraq, and it is calling on government forces there to do more to protect them.

In a report issued Wednesday in Geneva, the U.N. Committee on the Rights of the Child said it has received reports of "several cases of mass executions of boys, as well as reports of beheadings, crucifixions of children and burying children alive."
    I just feel like things have been getting worse and worse. Escalating. What do you all think this means for us?
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I thought this had been going on for some time now...
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Senior Member
    I think they *really* pissed off Jordan and for better or for worse, I don't think Jordan has the same moral conflicts we have about how to react to and deal with ISIS.

I have mixed feelings about that, but I do think that the action might be amped up, and the violence against ISIS escalated.

And I like that a Muslim nation is now fully on the anti-ISIS side. Of course ISIS still thinks of it as a religious war, but I think that Jordan's hard anti-ISIS stance, as opposed to their wishy-washy position prior to the burning of their pilot, changes the tone of the narrative a bit, for the better.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I think they *really* pissed off Jordan and for better or for worse, I don't think Jordan has the same moral conflicts we have about how to react to and deal with ISIS.

I have mixed feelings about that, but I do think that the action might be amped up, and the violence against ISIS escalated.

And I like that a Muslim nation is now fully on the anti-ISIS side. Of course ISIS still thinks of it as a religious war, but I think that Jordan's hard anti-ISIS stance, as opposed to their wishy-washy position prior to the burning of their pilot, changes the tone of the narrative a bit, for the better.
    As usual, this.
    In addition, Countries like Saudi Arabia knows that they are potential targets now, and even the members of the Royal Family who have always financed terrorists are going to realize that these people are not about Islam, but purely about crime.

However, what it means for us? Well, we have been doing nothing when this happens in Africa and other countries, and we really do not have the political or military will to actually do anything useful.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

I may be odd man out, but thank God someone is acting and retaliating. That's just my opinion though.
  6. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.

I read that the UAE is really pissed too and is now in favor of an anti-ISIS coalition

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

7. Senior Member
    Iran's response to the killing was sort of ironic.

البلد: Iran denounces ISIL killing of Jordanian pilot

part of which was

"Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Marzieh Afkham on Wednesday said all those sponsoring terrorist groups must be held accountable for the tragedy and similar crimes"
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post
    I read that the UAE is really pissed too and is now in favor of an anti-ISIS coalition
    I suspect the murder of the Jordanian pilot has made everyone in the region realize they aren't at all safe or immune, so I think it might end up getting many of those countries a lot more on board with the ISIS fight. I can't help but feel that's a great thing. Mine inner conflict about what other people do to fight our enemies definitely doesn't prevent me from being pleased that more governments and more people are getting on board with fighting a horrific force.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  9. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Nutmeg View Post
    I may be odd man out, but thank God someone is acting and retaliating. That's just my opinion though.

Not the odd one out. ISIS killed that pilot and the Jordan king was like Hell Fucking No and they unleashed hell on those fuckers and the planes involved in the attack then did a fly by of the pilots hometown. Standing motherfucking ovation over here. ISIS is a bunch of bullies and bullies need to be stood up to.
  10. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveLilToaster View Post
    Not the odd one out. ISIS killed that pilot and the Jordan king was like Hell Fucking No and they unleashed hell on those fuckers and the planes involved in the attack then did a fly by of the pilots hometown. Standing motherfucking ovation over here. ISIS is a bunch of bullies and bullies need to be stood up to.
    I saw that too and was think, that is so fucking cool.