Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: female member describes her involvement in ISIS

1. Senior Member

female member describes her involvement in ISIS

Advertisements
    Exclusive: Confessions of a female ISIS member - CNN.com

On the one hand, she talks about how they crucified a 16 year old for the allegation of rape, yet sanctioned even encouraged rape of so called infidels.

Despite all her second thoughts about what she had seen, it seems the main motivation for her leaving ISIS was herself.

From the article:

With her commander pressuring her to submit to marriage, Khadija decided she needed to leave the brigade.

"So it was at this point, I said enough. After all that I had already seen and all the times I stayed silent, telling myself, 'We're at war, then it will all be rectified.'

"But after this, I decided no, I have to leave
  2. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Reading this reminds me of descriptions I've read about life in cults. It also has elements of abusive relationships.

It's easy to say, "I would never get caught in that trap," but the reality is, it happens every day.

I admire her courage in speaking out. I'm afraid her former colleagues will show her no mercy.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    Reading this reminds me of descriptions I've read about life in cults. It also has elements of abusive relationships.

It's easy to say, "I would never get caught in that trap," but the reality is, it happens every day.

I admire her courage in speaking out. I'm afraid her former colleagues will show her no mercy.
    I think so too. The organization also reminds me of a criminal gang. There was also a psychology professor that described their motives were about aggression and power over others, not religion.

Joining Islamic State is about
  4. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

Quote Originally Posted by sldanlm View Post
    I think so too. The organization also reminds me of a criminal gang. There was also a psychology professor that described their motives were about aggression and power over others, not religion.

Joining Islamic State is about
    DH mentioned that some non-religious psychopaths are flocking to the movement just because they get to rape, pillage and murder. That makes me shudder.