Thread: US Death Toll/War Costs

1. Senior Member

US Death Toll/War Costs

Advertisements
    "...so have I chosen, both the sweet and the bitter."
    -tolkien-
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I don't see how having a plan that is "going to end up in a positive way" has anything to do with knowing how many casualties there have been or how much is being spent in Afghanistan? I mean, of course ideally they should have the answers to everything, but I just don't see how one has anything to do with the other. They can still have a plan in place.
  3. Senior Member
    I was still a little appalled that they didn't have that information available. That seems pretty important to me.
    -tolkien-
  4. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home

Quote Originally Posted by rayzgirl View Post
    I was still a little appalled that they didn't have that information available. That seems pretty important to me.
    WOW.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I agree that it was disturbing that they were not prepared with even basic info.
    I do think that the numbers are not easy though.
    How does one quantify "injured" when so many come back, including contractors, and are later diagnosed with PTSD or TBI.
    As far as costs, we are still paying costs of the war for Vietnam.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. Senior Member
    I don't see why policy makers need to have memorized the exact stats of the war. That doesn't seem necessary for them to effectively do their work.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I don't see why policy makers need to have memorized the exact stats of the war. That doesn't seem necessary for them to effectively do their work.
    When you get called to testify in front of congress on a certain topic, you damned well better have been briefed on at least the basic questions, and have a notebook you can refer to. No one is asking them to memorize, just come prepared.
    And usually, the "invitation" to testify in front of congress usually spells out information on what you are going to be asked.

And for the policy makers who are sending troops to war, and trying to ask for more money for that war, it really is necessary to know how much you have spent already.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    When you get called to testify in front of congress on a certain topic, you damned well better have been briefed on at least the basic questions, and have a notebook you can refer to. No one is asking them to memorize, just come prepared.
    And usually, the "invitation" to testify in front of congress usually spells out information on what you are going to be asked.

And for the policy makers who are sending troops to war, and trying to ask for more money for that war, it really is necessary to know how much you have spent already.
    I absolutely agree.
    -tolkien-