Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: US Death Toll/War Costs

  1. Senior Member
    rayzgirl's Avatar
    rayzgirl is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Me: Colorado
    Posts
    552
    #1

    US Death Toll/War Costs

    Advertisements
    "...so have I chosen, both the sweet and the bitter."
    -tolkien-
  2. Banned
    Reagan's Avatar
    Reagan is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,960
    #2
    I don't see how having a plan that is "going to end up in a positive way" has anything to do with knowing how many casualties there have been or how much is being spent in Afghanistan? I mean, of course ideally they should have the answers to everything, but I just don't see how one has anything to do with the other. They can still have a plan in place.
  3. Senior Member
    rayzgirl's Avatar
    rayzgirl is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Me: Colorado
    Posts
    552
    #3
    I was still a little appalled that they didn't have that information available. That seems pretty important to me.
    "...so have I chosen, both the sweet and the bitter."
    -tolkien-
  4. I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    be: pistachio's Avatar
    be: pistachio is offline
    I miss Target & Trader Joe's, open roads & the smell of home
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Let's be honest; Okinawa is not Japan.
    Posts
    3,717

    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rayzgirl View Post
    I was still a little appalled that they didn't have that information available. That seems pretty important to me.
    WOW.
  5. Senior Member
    Guynavywife's Avatar
    Guynavywife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    19,310
    Blog Entries
    2
    #5
    I agree that it was disturbing that they were not prepared with even basic info.
    I do think that the numbers are not easy though.
    How does one quantify "injured" when so many come back, including contractors, and are later diagnosed with PTSD or TBI.
    As far as costs, we are still paying costs of the war for Vietnam.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  6. Senior Member
    villanelle's Avatar
    villanelle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,790
    #6
    I don't see why policy makers need to have memorized the exact stats of the war. That doesn't seem necessary for them to effectively do their work.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  7. Senior Member
    Guynavywife's Avatar
    Guynavywife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    19,310
    Blog Entries
    2
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I don't see why policy makers need to have memorized the exact stats of the war. That doesn't seem necessary for them to effectively do their work.
    When you get called to testify in front of congress on a certain topic, you damned well better have been briefed on at least the basic questions, and have a notebook you can refer to. No one is asking them to memorize, just come prepared.
    And usually, the "invitation" to testify in front of congress usually spells out information on what you are going to be asked.

    And for the policy makers who are sending troops to war, and trying to ask for more money for that war, it really is necessary to know how much you have spent already.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  8. Senior Member
    rayzgirl's Avatar
    rayzgirl is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Me: Colorado
    Posts
    552
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    When you get called to testify in front of congress on a certain topic, you damned well better have been briefed on at least the basic questions, and have a notebook you can refer to. No one is asking them to memorize, just come prepared.
    And usually, the "invitation" to testify in front of congress usually spells out information on what you are going to be asked.

    And for the policy makers who are sending troops to war, and trying to ask for more money for that war, it really is necessary to know how much you have spent already.
    I absolutely agree.
    "...so have I chosen, both the sweet and the bitter."
    -tolkien-

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •