Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Korea!!!

1. Senior Member

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach View Post
    It didn't fail in Dec. They successfully launched a long range missile. I mean er..satellite.
    You're right, I forgot about that but all the ones launched while we were there failed. That "satellite" must be getting some good pics of the US.
    Part of me is glad to not be over there now but mostly I miss Korea like crazy and would move back if we had the opportunity.

And to touch on another post...
    And Korea a war zone? No, if it was a war zone families would not be allowed to be there. Sure the war is technically not over between the Koreas but it certainly is not a war zone. Dh never got any hazdu pay nor imminent danger pay like he does in the ME.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    You're right, I forgot about that but all the ones launched while we were there failed. That "satellite" must be getting some good pics of the US.
    Part of me is glad to not be over there now but mostly I miss Korea like crazy and would move back if we had the opportunity.

And to touch on another post...
    And Korea a war zone? No, if it was a war zone families would not be allowed to be there. Sure the war is technically not over between the Koreas but it certainly is not a war zone. Dh never got any hazdu pay nor imminent danger pay like he does in the ME.
    Not entirely true, Kuwait is considered a warn zone and there were active duty stationed there and had their families with them.
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    Ok, didn't think it was a war zone, which is why the post earlier about it being a serious war zone confused me...

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  4. Senior Member
    I'm not worried at all. My DH is anxious because of the position it would put him in if things go down but I actually only get my info from our command because the news can't be trusted.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Navgirl View Post
    That was the first successful launch of a long range weapon. They have a plethora of scuds, etc., those have been successfully tested but are short range. South Korea doesn’t need to be too concerned with the long range missiles because they require at least 400mi of distance which will clear the SK Peninsula. Now, Japan and Guam they could reach. It’s just such a pain having things on high alert. Deployment schedules change, work hour change, leave is cancelled, anti-missile defense systems are popping up around Tokyo, etc., etc., etc., and until NK does something or stands down everything is a high alert waiting game.
  6. Regular Member
    Heard from my DB this morning. He just told me to prepare myself just in case. He dosent have good vibes about it. He says its common but just a new sense of urgency. I am worried!
    Last edited by Virginia_Gal; 04-10-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: put wrong thing
  7. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach View Post
    That was the first successful launch of a long range weapon. They have a plethora of scuds, etc., those have been successfully tested but are short range. South Korea doesn’t need to be too concerned with the long range missiles because they require at least 400mi of distance which will clear the SK Peninsula. Now, Japan and Guam they could reach. It’s just such a pain having things on high alert. Deployment schedules change, work hour change, leave is cancelled, anti-missile defense systems are popping up around Tokyo, etc., etc., etc., and until NK does something or stands down everything is a high alert waiting game.
    And this is no joke either! HUGE PITA! (not YOU Pita! lmao)
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    DH is headed there this summer and i really want to visit him so i hope that they at least don't make it so i can't go. For now families are still there

I <3 Thirty-One! Summer Catalog is here! Ship to APO/FPO Join my team today!
  9. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia_Gal View Post
    Heard from my DB this morning. He just told me to prepare myself just in case. He dosent have good vibes about it. He says its common but just a new sense of urgency. I am worried!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

S
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi90 View Post
    My husband is playing golf today. There's nothing to worry about.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast