Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deaths reported after train crashes into trailer during Texas veterans parade

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Deaths reported after train crashes into trailer during Texas veterans parade

Advertisements
    Multiple deaths and dozens of injuries were reported after a train crashed into a trailer carrying veterans during a parade in Texas.A flatbed 18-wheeler truck was reportedly carrying veterans, wives and their girlfriends for the "Hunt for Heroes" parade in Midland when it was hit by a train.
    At least four deaths have been reported and at least 16 people have been taken to nearby hospitals, according to MyFoxDFW.com.
    "Show of Support" president and founder Terry Johnson tells the Midland Reporter-Telegram that a Union Pacific train slammed into a trailer that was on its way to the wounded veterans event about 5 p.m. Thursday.
    He says there are "multiple, multiple" injuries and organizers still are trying to account for everyone.
    Deaths reported after train crashes into trailer during Texas veterans parade | Fox News

So many prayers for those folks!
    ​​​

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” -- Carl Sagan

2. Moderator

So terrible. I just saw WAVY's article about this on my fb.

I can't imagine and I pray for all involved.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Oh man.
  4. Senior Member
    That is so sad lots of for the families
  5. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

I hate the way they make this sound. Very sad for all the people involved including the train crew. That driver is a moron for running the track and putting all those people in danger it isn't hard, you look, if there is a train you fucking stop you don't try to beat it.

Eta...sorry stories like this burn me up.my father is an engineer and so many needless deaths happen because of people's ignorance and that crew now has to live with killing those people, it takes a huge toll, and is completely avoidable. I mean common sense.
  6. Senior Member
    That is awful.
  7. eas
    This just breaks my heart and makes me sick, after personally been going through all the encompasses having a wounded warrior I cannot imagine going through all that and then this happening as well
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by HisByzantineLove View Post
    I hate the way they make this sound. Very sad for all the people involved including the train crew. That driver is a moron for running the track and putting all those people in danger it isn't hard, you look, if there is a train you fucking stop you don't try to beat it.

Eta...sorry stories like this burn me up.my father is an engineer and so many needless deaths happen because of people's ignorance and that crew now has to live with killing those people, it takes a huge toll, and is completely avoidable. I mean common sense.
    Agreed.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  9. Senior Member
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by HisByzantineLove View Post

They are saying the power may have been out and the crossing guards didnt work. I feel bad for the familys and the engineer. I know here sometimes its hard to know if a train is moving or not. They park on the tracks alot.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast