Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: christmas sweaters

1. Senior Member

christmas sweaters

Advertisements
    going on a whim here. does anyone have any "ugly" christmas sweaters they are willing to sell for cheap? you know, the tacky ones we're allowed to wear them christmas eve at work and ive looked at thrift stores and haven't found anything. there's a bunch on ebay but im trying not to spend and arm and a leg on something ill be wearing once.
  2. Senior Member
    Go to Michaels and get a battery powered string of Christmas lights. Poke the lights through the sweater holes. Then hang ornaments off the sweater. Viola. Ugly Christmas sweater.

Second suggestion is Goodwill/Salvation Army.

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  3. Senior Member
    I saw a few at Walmart last night...
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi89 View Post
    Go to Michaels and get a battery powered string of Christmas lights. Poke the lights through the sweater holes. Then hang ornaments off the sweater. Viola. Ugly Christmas sweater.

Second suggestion is Goodwill/Salvation Army.
    me and my sister"s(who works there also) last resort is to make one. we already checked goodwill and salvation army

Quote Originally Posted by Enthused Meerkat View Post
    I saw a few at Walmart last night...
    ill have to try and get there.
  5. Senior Member
    I think making one is a fun idea, Christmas lights are unique and I don't think anyone would do that!! For some of the ugly sweater parties I h ave been to, Some of my friends get ribbons and a bow on a plain sweater, sort of making it look like a Christmas package. Then they put a big tag and put "From Santa" They look tacky but cute at the same time.

Like this, but a real bow:

6. Senior Member
    cute idea!
  7. Senior Member
    Go to local consignment stores and thrift stores in your area that are not Salvation Army or Goodwill. I found a Christmas turtleneck at a local place called Second Chance and the sweater vest at a place called Easy Deals Consignment. Google maps>thrift store. And there are NONE for men except ones with a snowflake-like pattern.
  8. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    This time of year, Goodwill etc.. are always out cuz everyone has ugly sweater parties. You sort of have to go every day to catch one. 2 years ago for my USP I had to go to 3 different goodwills every day for like 6 days until one popped up. But it was $3!
  9. Senior Member
    I always make mine...it is so much more fun!! Try hitting up TJ Maxx and get creative! just start with a simple red or white sweater and then find some fun holiday decorations and sew them on...here is how mine turned out this year (it cost like $25 total to make)

If you are really desperate and you cant find anything at goodwill then you can try online...there are a ton of tacky Christmas sweater websites and you can get sweaters for like $30 or $40. If you do try goodwill then be prepared to go multiple times...this time of year everyone is raiding the thrift stores for Christmas sweaters so they go pretty fast. I also heard that Wal-mart actually has some tacky sweaters this year as well.

ETA...dont forget the accessories!!!! Like fun earrings and jewelry!! They help to make the outfit even better.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RetepDoc View Post
    I always make mine...it is so much more fun!! Try hitting up TJ Maxx and get creative! just start with a simple red or white sweater and then find some fun holiday decorations and sew them on...here is how mine turned out this year (it cost like $25 total to make)

If you are really desperate and you cant find anything at goodwill then you can try online...there are a ton of tacky Christmas sweater websites and you can get sweaters for like $30 or $40. If you do try goodwill then be prepared to go multiple times...this time of year everyone is raiding the thrift stores for Christmas sweaters so they go pretty fast. I also heard that Wal-mart actually has some tacky sweaters this year as well.

ETA...dont forget the accessories!!!! Like fun earrings and jewelry!! They help to make the outfit even better.
    that came out so cute!

between my work schedule and how far goodwill is from me i dont think ill be able to go there and check all the time. im thinking making one is gonna be my best bet. im gonna check walmart first though!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast