Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: WANTED: Macbook/MB Pro

1. Senior Member

WANTED: Macbook/MB Pro

Advertisements
    DH wants a Mac. He has no need for a brand new one. Anyone selling one by any chance?

I'm not 100% that I'll be getting him one (at least during these Holidays), but I'm looking at the options.

Could be a Macbook (white one) or a Pro (silver)- Really any version of either of those. No Airs though,

TIA.

You're welcome.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    How much are you looking to spend?
    I actually managed to find a good deal through my university when I got mine, it was one version old but it was half the price of a macbook pro normally so it ended up being a really great deal. I don't know if you are a student still or know another student that this would be an option to look at. It was the first couple weeks of December that I got it too! But it was a few years ago, and I don't know that all universities do that deal. But it is always worth looking into
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieparlafoi View Post
    How much are you looking to spend?
    I actually managed to find a good deal through my university when I got mine, it was one version old but it was half the price of a macbook pro normally so it ended up being a really great deal. I don't know if you are a student still or know another student that this would be an option to look at. It was the first couple weeks of December that I got it too! But it was a few years ago, and I don't know that all universities do that deal. But it is always worth looking into
    I am still a student, but even half-priced ones are a bit out of my price range. I found a few on Craigslist (which seems a little shiesty), but, it may work. I only wanted to spend about $500-$600 tops. He doesn't need a Pro really.. I found some of the white MacBooks (apple doesn't make them anymore) for around that price, so they're legit!

Thank you for the info though

You're welcome.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Oh okay, yeah the white MacBooks would be the best bet then. I would make sure though that it still has apple care (they are still very expensive to fix if anything goes wrong -.-) and if you have apple care it is covered (minus cosmetic damage you do). Also if you are buying it from someone you don't know, maybe meet them at a mac store to make sure everything is working properly!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Check on eBay. DH got me a MacBook about two years ago, now, from there. It was only a year old and he spent $300 on it. It had all of the Microsoft Office stuff on it, too.