Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby boy stuff to help a friend...

1. One Day At A Time...
    One Day At A Time...

Baby boy stuff to help a friend...UPDATE!

Advertisements
    **Update: Just wanted to let you guys know... Baby Caden got to come home today!!!!! I have been getting packages from you guys all week and I have another huge box ready to go out... Thank you all SO very much. It makes my heart so happy to have friends like you!**

Just a little backstory. My DH's Sgt and his wife had a baby two days after Braxton was born (August 11th)... except their baby wasnt supposed to be born until mid-November. Needless to say, its been a long, scary, and expensive process for them. They are tired, fried, and just downright hurting for money.

The good news?? Their beautiful little boy has grown and thrived, and he gets to come home this week!! Except, they cant afford anything for him. I was talking to them over the weekend, because it was the Marine Corps Ball... and she almost started crying when she told me that they couldnt even afford a blanket for him. So... here I am. I have packed up everything of Braxton's that we can spare to send to them.. but it isnt a ton.

The point of my post is... I'm still looking for things to give to them. Blankets, newborn clothes, burp rags, etc, etc. I'm not asking for them for free by any means. I dont have a ton of money to spare, but I am trying to do what I can. If any of you have anything that you would be willing to spare for not too much, I would really appreciate it!!

Just send me a PM or leave me a note here and I will get into contact with you... I can PayPal money over right away!!

Thanks!!!!
    Last edited by KaylaH; 11-16-2011 at 04:06 PM.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think I have some recieving blankets/burp cloths, and I have a ton of 12 months boy clothes, if you think it would help. I'll make a list and take some pics of what I have, just pm me your email and I'll send the pics/list to you when I can (probably monday). If you just cover shipping charges, they are yours...er, hers...you know what I mean.
  3. One Day At A Time...
    One Day At A Time...
    Quote Originally Posted by WonHimFromTheSea View Post
    I think I have some recieving blankets/burp cloths, and I have a ton of 12 months boy clothes, if you think it would help. I'll make a list and take some pics of what I have, just pm me your email and I'll send the pics/list to you when I can (probably monday). If you just cover shipping charges, they are yours...er, hers...you know what I mean.
    That would be SO SO awesome!!! Thank you SO MUCH!
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Kayla You're so sweet. I will see if there is something I can do or make
  5. One Day At A Time...
    One Day At A Time...
    Thanks Holly. My heart just broke for them... things have been tight for us, but I just couldnt NOT do anything. After talking to Justin, we are going to pull some money out of savings to help them out.... I just want to make sure I make it stretch as far as I possibly can!!
  6. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    You should submit them for Operation Top Knot with Soldiers' Angels.

Soldiers' Angels - Operation Top Knot

There is another group who my friend got a TON of stuff from. She had twins when her little girl was only 15 months! They're at Camp Pendelton, so I don't know if it was just a group there, or a nationwide group. She got double of everything including strollers, high chairs, clothes, diapers, bottles... it was AMAZING. I can contact her if you want, and find out that group
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I wanted to show you this as well, I think it's a pretty good deal considering how expensive clothing can be: 5 Pounds Baby Boy 0-3 month Used Clothes You choose! Summer/winter lot | eBay I bought two lots of clothing from them for kiddo two months ago, and other than one item being stained everything was in great condition. It might be an inexpensive way for them to stock up, if they don't mind used clothing.
  8. One Day At A Time...
    One Day At A Time...
    Quote Originally Posted by SugaInMyPockets View Post
    You should submit them for Operation Top Knot with Soldiers' Angels.

Soldiers' Angels - Operation Top Knot

There is another group who my friend got a TON of stuff from. She had twins when her little girl was only 15 months! They're at Camp Pendelton, so I don't know if it was just a group there, or a nationwide group. She got double of everything including strollers, high chairs, clothes, diapers, bottles... it was AMAZING. I can contact her if you want, and find out that group
    We're all reservists, so we dont qualify. But thank you for the information.
  9. One Day At A Time...
    One Day At A Time...
    Quote Originally Posted by WonHimFromTheSea View Post
    I wanted to show you this as well, I think it's a pretty good deal considering how expensive clothing can be: 5 Pounds Baby Boy 0-3 month Used Clothes You choose! Summer/winter lot | eBay I bought two lots of clothing from them for kiddo two months ago, and other than one item being stained everything was in great condition. It might be an inexpensive way for them to stock up, if they don't mind used clothing.
    That is a good deal!! I will have to check that out some more! I'm also going to hit up some consignment stores here this week and see what I can find!
  10. One Day At A Time...
    One Day At A Time...
    I wont bump this obsessively, I promise... Just want to make sure it stays around tonight.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast