Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: German ladies - Apfelschorle!

1. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries

German ladies - Apfelschorle!

Advertisements
    I have yet to find a decent website that sells Apfelschorle in the US, and none of the German cafes around here have it that I have seen, either.

Is there anyone in Germany who would be willing to ship some?
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  2. life is like a box of chocolates...
    life is like a box of chocolates...
    well i'm obviously not in germany but i was just curious about what apfelschorle is?? i assume it's edible since you mentioned a cafe. i'm such a foodie so i like when i discover new foods!
    if you can find a path with no obstacles, then it probably doesn't lead anywhere....

i love me some RED HOT!!

vice president of ILLCARDC
  3. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    It's a drink. Apple juice and sparkling mineral water. I loathe regular apple juice, but this stuff is so tasty is has me drooling just thinking about it. K brought me back some when he stopped in Germany on his way home from Afghan back in March, and I've been craving more ever since.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog

4. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    I am a total foodie, though, too. German baked goods are top notch. Anise cookies? Yum, yum. We should get together and compare notes.

My 101 blog

5. life is like a box of chocolates...
    ooo sounds delicious! have you tried to see if you can order it online somewhere, from like a german-based store/company? i know the feeling though. DB brought me some really delicious candy bars from germany during leave and i can't get them here in the states which only makes me want them more
    if you can find a path with no obstacles, then it probably doesn't lead anywhere....

i love me some RED HOT!!

6. life is like a box of chocolates...
    we definitely should compare notes! i love food from all sorts of places and will try anything at least once. DB makes fun of me for how much i enjoy food since it's usually something i ask about/talk about all the time

i love me some RED HOT!!

7. Senior Member
  8. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    I've heard the ratio is about 56% juice to 44% water, but I can't find the right kind of juice. When you make it with regular store-bought apple juice, it doesn't taste the same. Regular Apfelschorle is apparently made with 100% juice, not from concentrate, and unsweetened. I haven't found any good recommendations for an apple juice like that, and since I don't like regular apple juice, I don't want to buy some $10 all-natural stuff just for it not to turn out right, and then I won't like it.

My 101 blog

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleRed View Post
    I've heard the ratio is about 56% juice to 44% water, but I can't find the right kind of juice. When you make it with regular store-bought apple juice, it doesn't taste the same. Regular Apfelschorle is apparently made with 100% juice, not from concentrate, and unsweetened. I haven't found any good recommendations for an apple juice like that, and since I don't like regular apple juice, I don't want to buy some $10 all-natural stuff just for it not to turn out right, and then I won't like it.
    It's probably worth a try once, the purchase & shipping costs from Germany to the US is likely to cost more!
  10. Junior Member
    Uhm....I'm German...and just buy regular apple juice (and yes, get 100% juice, but that's what you get in the US stores, too, right?) and regular sparkling water and mix it in a ratio to my liking. And that's what they do in the restaurants as well. Yes, you can buy it pre-mixed in small bottles, but it's really not necessary!
    Good luck! I don't even think they would ship it from Germany, since it's carbonated and under pressure, it would probably explode mid air!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast