Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dresses!!!

1. Senior Member

dresses!!!

Advertisements
    Ok ladies, I am looking for a wedding dress, preferrable Ivory, size 14 or bigger

and a white sundress, same size

and a cute navy blue or red dress, size 2 or 4

TIA
  2. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    DUDE!!! For what date?!?!?! This is my gown--I am typically a size 14 sometimes 16 (ugh I've been bad LOL), but this is a 16W ("woman".. more curvy I guess? than the regular sizes?)... it's ivory with champagne accents... I'm wearing it next Friday, May 28, and then I kinda want to sell it (I wouldn't sell it if it got ruined of course)... and the corset back makes it so that you can let it out or cinch it in a little to get the perfect fit.

I can update with pics after the wedding LOL.

I don't have a pic of the back so here's the pic from the website:

Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  3. LT
    Beautiful dress Beth! You look great!
  4. Senior Member
    i need it June 6th!!

How much were you thinking?
  5. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I should add that, because we're getting married on a deck on the beach (so on the beach, but not IN the sand), I had them bustle the train--it's a "permanent" bustle, so it doesn't "unhook" but I'm SURE it could be taken down--and I will check with them when I pick it up this Saturday from alterations. But that is why you don't see a train in MY pic but you do in the website pic (I linked to the page below).

If you're wanting to know if the size would fit you you could always go into Davids Bridal and be fitted and even try on this gown there if they have it. That way you would know if this one would fit and/or if you'd like it.

David's Bridal - Satin ball gown with cuff neckline, lace-up back, and pick up skirt.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  6. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    SHOOT would that be enough time for it to even get to you? I'm not sure if it would be since you'd need it rushed AND cleaned (or cleaned AND rushed LOL). If it weren't for cleaning I'd just send it to you on Saturday the 29th like 2nd day air, but I don't want it to end up not getting to you in time or something!!

I paid $400+tax and then $60 for the slip (or maybe it was $40) and I also have a bra I bought from them that I think was another $70... and I spent $170 on alterations... so I probably spent about $700 with tax? I'd probably ask $200 for all of it (plus shipping and cleaning) but honestly I don't think it'd be able to be CLEANED and shipped to you in time, KWIM?
  7. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Wait, where in GA are you? My in-laws are flying in and out of GA, wonder if I could send it home with them. They're in the ATL area.
  8. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Oh and obviously YOU have plenty of time to decide--so if you go try on dresses or whatever... or get fitted at Davids and you decide you do want me to get the dress (and slip and bra) to you, we'll see if we can find a way. I can be your backup plan if you don't find anything else you like before my wedding on the 28th.
  9. Senior Member
    i live like 30 minutes from Atlanta!!! And my aunt has a dry cleaning system so I could clean it faster i think. But I will let you know!!
  10. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyla. View Post
    i live like 30 minutes from Atlanta!!! And my aunt has a dry cleaning system so I could clean it faster i think. But I will let you know!!
    So now I have to ask you if you know where Loganville is. That's where his parents live.

But yes just let me know, no biggie if you don't want it, but if you do, we'll find a way.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast