Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted!!! Formal gown!

1. Not really a navy gf anymore...
    Not really a navy gf anymore...

Wanted!!! Formal gown!

Advertisements
    DB has decided he wants to go to the Submariner's ball this year. I need to find a dress somewhere around a size 16 or larger that can be tailored.. If you have anything in the closet, please take a pic and let me see! TIA
  2. Senior Member
    for you!
  3. Regular Member
    I have one for sale its a size 20 but could easily be altered, There are pictures in the classified section!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    I have one a black one- size 16.

I will take a pic of it and post it here for you.
  5. Rei
    Chhyeah!
    Chhyeah!
    I think Kayla was trying to sell some recently... not sure if she sold them or not...

you!

6. Ready to let the dogs out?
    Ready to let the dogs out?
    Blog Entries
    Damn I have so many dresses I want to get rid of, but they are at my house that I am currently moving out of and I won't be back there for a little while.

7. Banned
    Banned
    here is the dress- sorry it is side ways-

i was mistaken on the size it is a 17-18 the bands are tan not pink!

here is the back top:

8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead_navygf View Post
    DB has decided he wants to go to the Submariner's ball this year. I need to find a dress somewhere around a size 16 or larger that can be tailored.. If you have anything in the closet, please take a pic and let me see! TIA
    HMMMM..... I may have some, and I'm right here in VB. Lemme go look.....

ETA: I have three to choose from. One is more formal than the others; it's actually a pants suit but the top part is silver and there is silver piping on the jacket. With a pair of strappy silver sandal, it will look great. The other two are velour dresses that can be dressed up nicely. It will take me some time to get them from my hotmail into my photobucket, or I can forward them directly to you from the hotmail if you pm me an email address.
  9. Not really a navy gf anymore...
    Not really a navy gf anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by *Larz* View Post
    Damn I have so many dresses I want to get rid of, but they are at my house that I am currently moving out of and I won't be back there for a little while.
    Well I have until March of next year so you've got plenty of time

Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    I have one a black one- size 16.

I will take a pic of it and post it here for you.
    How long is that dress?? Is it form fitting or kinda flowy?

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    HMMMM..... I may have some, and I'm right here in VB. Lemme go look.....

ETA: I have three to choose from. One is more formal than the others; it's actually a pants suit but the top part is silver and there is silver piping on the jacket. With a pair of strappy silver sandal, it will look great. The other two are velour dresses that can be dressed up nicely. It will take me some time to get them from my hotmail into my photobucket, or I can forward them directly to you from the hotmail if you pm me an email address.
    I'll PM you my email address because all of them sound lovely!
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Okay, the pants suit would be considered formal, but the others would need dressing up with sparkly stuff. I apologize for the quality of the photos; it was my camera phone. I have no idea what those smoodges are to the left.

Pants suit. It's a jumpsuit with a silver-gray top and solid black pants. The belt sits right about the natural waist, maybe a little higher but not as high as an empire waist. The jacket has silver piping and silver buttons.

The dresses are velour. Sleveless one is a navy blue with plain bodice, empire waist. It can be dressed up very easily with a satiny blouse and/or sparkly jewelry/shoes.

The burgundy is long-sleeve, the least 'formal' of the three because there are some vertical stitches between the neckline and the empire waist. Still, the long sleeves are flattering and it can be dressed up nicely.

Like I said in the email, I have no problem giving these to you; I haven't worn any of them in a while. However, since this event is after the holidays, you might want to wait until mid-January or so to check out the markdown racks at Dillard's, especially the one in MacArthur Mall. that's where all the local Dillard's send their formalwear markdowns when they need to get them out of their stores. When I worked in downtown Norfolk I used to wander through Dillard's at lunchtime and I remember seeing $250 dresses marked down below $50.

Let me know if you want to meet me at my school/work and you can see these in person.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast