Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To The Experienced...

1. Doin' It All On My Own...
    Doin' It All On My Own...

To The Experienced...

Advertisements
    So I was curious how much your social life changed after you had your baby? I am 21 and Rob is 22 and he is SERIOUSLY thinking about wanting to have a baby. I was just curious how drastically your social life changed and how your SO adjusted to Fatherhood... Also How old were you when you had your first baby? Thanks
  2. No one loves their mother like her boys!
    No one loves their mother like her boys!
    our lives didn't change completely DH still went out with his buddies but just what times he needed to be home and things did change we didn't have people over as late and didn't have parties anymore
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Bryan and I were both 22 when Ethan arrived. The only thing that changed drastically was that we no longer went out to the movie theaters. But now E & I go to Mommy Movies on Monday mornings.

ETA: Bryan is the best father EVER!!!! At first he was afraid to hold other peoples' infants, but he has since told me he wanted HIS child to be the FIRST infant for him to hold...
    Last edited by Victoria; 04-02-2007 at 03:06 PM.
  4. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    DH is a wonderful father.. our lives changed, because it completely took the spontanaety out of our lives.. before we had DD, we'd just hop in the car and take off, or midnight on payday, we'd go out for breakfast and go to walmart.. We tried for so long to have DD though, and I wouldn't trade one moment of our lives both before and after having her for anything!!!

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    So far our relationship has gotten better it seems, but "social life" well it sucks. lol! Somedays I don't even leave the house at all for days at a time. We still go out to dinner but so far that has only happened a couple of times, and it is usually take out or something. As for how my hubby is adjusting, right now I think that he is going through a thing or a crisis if you will. It is annoying as hell. No offense to any women or parents that had their children a lot younger, but I am really happy that we had Ava after we had most of our wild party days behind us, and were a bit older. It is a big adjustment IMO, but I wouldn't change a thing. I was 25 and DH is 28
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Well, having a baby made me slam on the brakes with my social life. I was 18 when I got pg and 19 when I had her so I was in the middle of having alot of fun going to clubs, bars, hanging out all night, not worrying about school, etc. But at the same time I was next to the last of my best girl friends to get pg so I still had plenty of friends to hang out with. I didn't experience losing friends due to having a baby. John was 23 when I got pg and 24 when I had her so he had done ALOT of partying already. He had spent 4 years in the Navy single so he got to have alot of "fun" (I guess that is what I'll call it) before we even met. But he was still going to bars and clubs 5-7 times a week when I got pg so he got the brakes slammed on him as well. After I had her the amount of times we went out severly dropped but we still did find time to go to parties, hang out with friends (most of the time we would just go to their house or them come to ours), go out just the 2 of us, etc. When Breanna was 15 months I put her in day care so I could go to college. That helped alot since we had someone to watch her in order for John and I to go out together or if he got out of work early, I was already home, and hadn't picked Breanna up yet we could go out to eat or something. Our social really went down to nil when I got pg with Johnny. He is 18 months now, I'm pg with Zachary, and there doesn't seem to be an end in that anywhere in sight.
  7. Proud Submariner's Wife
    Proud Submariner's Wife
    We didn't PLAN our son...we were 22 when he was born and not ready for him. We weren't ready to settle down and not go out anymore. It's hard, really it is, especially if you like to go out like we do and you don't live by family. You can't trust just anyone to watch your child and it's hard to leave them too. We went through a kind of rough time, seeing as I stayed home with the baby while my dh still went out with his friends. Finally I put my foot down and told him that's not how it's going to be and things got better. Now, we have established trusted sitters, so we go out a few times a month and we're grateful for that time together as a couple. We grew out of the "having to go out every weekend thing". We do more kid friendly things, since our friends all have kids too...barbeques, restaurants that are okay for kids, etc.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    We didnt have much of a social life persay to beginw ith as far as going out and partying. But having kids has made it so we dont go to the movies anymore. We still go out to dinner, to the mall, chuck e cheese etc. So still active socially. Just differently

I was 29 when we had our first. Tho we did start trying when I was 19. It just took us a long time and meds to conceive our first. I will say that in some ways I am glad I was older. There are pros and cons to being an older and younger mommy. No way is the right way persay. Just gotta find what is right for you and your life.

I will also say I wouldnt trade in being a mommy for anything in the world. Give me dirty diapers, spit up, messy faces etc over partying any day of the week. I LOVE being a mama
  9. Senior Member
    I was 19 and DH was 29 when DD was born. It didn't change his social life but it really changed mine. It was hard for me to find things to talk about with friends who were at a different point in their life(they weren't married, no kids, living at home). As far as our relationship, it made things a little tough. We were used to having each other's attention all the time then we had this little person come in and demand all our attention all the time, so it put some stress on us but once we got used to having her and everything things smoothed out.

10. Doin' It All On My Own...
    Doin' It All On My Own...
    Thanks ladies for all your incite! I really needed to hear some of that! Its just hard to hear the man you love so much tell you he wants a baby before he leaves so that if anything happens he knows I will always have a piece of him with me it breaks my heart...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast