Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I keep trying and trying and nothing

1. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Blog Entries

I keep trying and trying and nothing

Advertisements
    Me and my now husband have been trying to conceive a baby for months now. I was on the pill for 8 years because I used to have really bad cramping when that time of the month came. But I got off of them when we started talking about moving in together and starting a life and having a baby. I went to the doctor and they said that everything was fine but for some reason I feel like its not. I have gotten looked at and blood test done and everything seems to be fine, but I feel like I am missing something. I see friends getting pregnant young and I see people that I went to school with, who said that they never wanted to have kids having kids. And even a friend of mine whose had 2 abortions got pregnant for the 3rd time with twins and she had them. I just feel like I'm cursed in some way. I feel like I'm letting my husband down because hes always saying how he wants a baby and I feel like I'm failing him in some way. Has anybody gone through this?
    I really need all the advice I could get.
  2. Senior Member
    What does "months" mean? It's hard to say much without knowing it it has been 5 months or 25 months.

But either way, I'm sorry you are struggling!
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    What does "months" mean? It's hard to say much without knowing it it has been 5 months or 25 months.

But either way, I'm sorry you are struggling!

its been about a year that we have been trying.
    But I don't know if its me or maybe its the stress that I'm under and all that.
  4. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    struggling to conceive sucks. DH & I tried for quite a while before we had our tiny human. I had a doctor like yours that said everything was fine. I spoke to another doctor and she diagnosed me with PCOS. We got started on clomid and conceived on our first round (we were lucky).

Maybe you need a more aggressive doctor? Mine would do anything you wanted in order to help you get pregnant and she's amazing.
  5. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HisJuliet View Post
    struggling to conceive sucks. DH & I tried for quite a while before we had our tiny human. I had a doctor like yours that said everything was fine. I spoke to another doctor and she diagnosed me with PCOS. We got started on clomid and conceived on our first round (we were lucky).

Maybe you need a more aggressive doctor? Mine would do anything you wanted in order to help you get pregnant and she's amazing.
    I need to get me a doctor like that. But I don't know how Tricare works so I'm going to call tomorrow and see because I don't even have a Primary care doctor, since the one that they told me to go to told me that they don't take my insurance.
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adrii6997 View Post
    I need to get me a doctor like that. But I don't know how Tricare works so I'm going to call tomorrow and see because I don't even have a Primary care doctor, since the one that they told me to go to told me that they don't take my insurance.
    Find a good reproductive endocrinologist.