Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Anger and jealousy TTC

1. Senior Member

Mad Anger and jealousy TTC

Advertisements
    So dh and I were ttc, but a deployment got in the way. But Iím angry now because a friend just told me she and her dh are pregnant and I have another friend whoís been trying for a while too. But Iím mad. I hate the military right now for getting in the way and is having to put this on hold and everyone around us gets to get pregnant. I just feel like everything in my life the last couple of years is put on hold and I have to wait and watch everyone else experience stuff that I want. Iím feeling regret and anger and jealousy and just plans pissed off right now. I have never in my life been mad that someone was pregnant. Wtf?!
  2. Senior Member
    I can relate to this so much right now.

We had finally decided after all these years to TTC, but then we found out DH was deploying. I ultimately decided to put our plans on pause and wait until he gets back. Right after he deployed it was like everybody got hit with the pregnancy bug because so many of my Facebook friends are expecting.

3. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Other people have something happening in your life which you desperately want in yours. Right until the moment when the army threw a pineapple at you, you were certain you’d get a chance to have it, and then that chance was taken away.

Of course that stings.

You’re not a bad person for being frustrated about reminders of something you want but can’t have yet. You’re not weird for realising that it hurts to wait.

Your chance will come.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries
    I can't relate the the military part, but as someone struggling with infertility and having had 2 miscarriages, I get the jealousy. All my friends have at least one child or are trying, and many of the ones that already have one are pregnant or TTC with/for #2.

I get very sad and upset that pregnancy comes so easily for my friends and those around me, and here I am with no babies and only the sadness from the pregnancies we lost. Sorry to rant about me....but I get feeling left out or sad about other people having what you want.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I can relate to this so much right now.

We had finally decided after all these years to TTC, but then we found out DH was deploying. I ultimately decided to put our plans on pause and wait until he gets back. Right after he deployed it was like everybody got hit with the pregnancy bug because so many of my Facebook friends are expecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    Other people have something happening in your life which you desperately want in yours. Right until the moment when the army threw a pineapple at you, you were certain you’d get a chance to have it, and then that chance was taken away.

Of course that stings.

You’re not a bad person for being frustrated about reminders of something you want but can’t have yet. You’re not weird for realising that it hurts to wait.

Your chance will come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Special View Post
    I can't relate the the military part, but as someone struggling with infertility and having had 2 miscarriages, I get the jealousy. All my friends have at least one child or are trying, and many of the ones that already have one are pregnant or TTC with/for #2.

I get very sad and upset that pregnancy comes so easily for my friends and those around me, and here I am with no babies and only the sadness from the pregnancies we lost. Sorry to rant about me....but I get feeling left out or sad about other people having what you want.

to everyone here. This is hard.
    I feel a sense of relief to know I have some going through the same thing and can relate. This is so hard. I have disconnected from facebook for the last couple of months- it has helped with other things, but this is a feeling I have never felt before.When I was 24 I was diagnosed with Cancer and couldn't have a kid, I was asked to wait 5 years before TTC just in case of relapse. At that time we weren't ready in our marriage to have a kid, but each year we were more and more ready. We are at 6 years now and TTC and the stupid military just takes that away for another year. There is another person in his unit who has been TTC as well and me and his wife are going down in June to see them (before they go overseas). I feel just terrible thinking "I hope they don't get pregnant in June." I hate having that thought- I have never thought ill like this about anyone TTC. I just don't know how to handle these feelings. DH said "our time will come" and "we just cant dwell on it" but so much easier said then done.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I can't relate but I hope it happens for you eventually
  7. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

I totally get it 100%. We TTC for #2 for a year and then DH deployed for another year. While I was actively miscarrying, one of my very best friends announced she was pregnant...with twins. I was thrilled for her, but jealous and envious at the same time. It'll happen when it happens.

And, we got a homecoming baby the first two weeks DH was home He came home 7/29/17 and DD was born 5/2/18 (9 months and 2 days later ) So maybe time will be your friend and everything will align for you. Hold onto the hope and remember that just because it isn't happening NOW, doesn't mean it won't.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Bazinga* View Post
    I totally get it 100%. We TTC for #2 for a year and then DH deployed for another year. While I was actively miscarrying, one of my very best friends announced she was pregnant...with twins. I was thrilled for her, but jealous and envious at the same time. It'll happen when it happens.

And, we got a homecoming baby the first two weeks DH was home He came home 7/29/17 and DD was born 5/2/18 (9 months and 2 days later ) So maybe time will be your friend and everything will align for you. Hold onto the hope and remember that just because it isn't happening NOW, doesn't mean it won't.
    Thanks!!!!