Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Temping questions

1. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries

Temping questions

Advertisements
    I am NOT TTC, let me just say that, but I have been wanting to start temping again, more to just keep track and make sure I know my body is doing what it's supposed to do. Before when I tried it I hadn't been off birth control for long and my phase between ovulation and period was really screwy and apps and the software from the book I was using were telling me I was pregnant every month and it was just messing with me.

Anyway I have some questions. I currently work a variable shift, so I don't consistently get up at the same time every day. I didn't know if that was something that would be a big deal or not. I have full time hours now and once they hire a replacement for my current shift I'll be on a set schedule. I wasn't sure if I should wait till I get on that shift or not.

My other question is what apps or other ways of tracking it do you use? I know there are thermometers coming out that you can sync with your phone, while that would be nice I don't need that.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

for me different hours for temping does make a big difference; when i was working shift work I just found an hour that I would always be sleeping (like 3 am) and take my temp then.

I use Kindara to track and I it so much more than anything else I have tried.
  3. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    Honestly? You won't be able to temp. Having that variable of a schedule will make your chart 100% pointless. I wouldn't even bother.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    for me different hours for temping does make a big difference; when i was working shift work I just found an hour that I would always be sleeping (like 3 am) and take my temp then.

I use Kindara to track and I it so much more than anything else I have tried.
    This is what I would do. I'm on bc now but back when I tried temping (didn't last long lol) I just set my alarm for an hour id always be asleep. That's a pain in the ass though and with your sleep schedule all messed up like it is I would be worried about the effect that might be having on your cycle. I wouldn't be surprised if that throws you off completely.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    Honestly? You won't be able to temp. Having that variable of a schedule will make your chart 100% pointless. I wouldn't even bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This is what I would do. I'm on bc now but back when I tried temping (didn't last long lol) I just set my alarm for an hour id always be asleep. That's a pain in the ass though and with your sleep schedule all messed up like it is I would be worried about the effect that might be having on your cycle. I wouldn't be surprised if that throws you off completely.
    yea after reading her other thread about her schedule theres no way temping will work until she's atleast on a close to constant schedule.
  6. No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    No longer seeing where it goes, I'm in the driver's seat.
    Blog Entries
    Yeah that's what I figured. The schedule will be worked out soon. It's only been a few weeks of this but I'm already ready for it to be set.
  7. Senior Member
    I agree with the other ladies. Wait until you have a set schedule or take it at a time you always are asleep. Also, if you don't have Taking Charge of your Fertility, buy the book and read it, once you read it, it doesn't matter which app you use because you will be able to read your chart.

As far as thermometers go, I've had several, from basic basic, to all the bells and whistles. The only three things I would look for is, basal thermometer, backlight, and memory. That way if you do want to sleep in, it isn't as disruptive as having to log your temp At that moment.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Amanduh View Post
    I agree with the other ladies. Wait until you have a set schedule or take it at a time you always are asleep. Also, if you don't have Taking Charge of your Fertility, buy the book and read it, once you read it, it doesn't matter which app you use because you will be able to read your chart.

As far as thermometers go, I've had several, from basic basic, to all the bells and whistles. The only three things I would look for is, basal thermometer, backlight, and memory. That way if you do want to sleep in, it isn't as disruptive as having to log your temp At that moment.
    Yesss. Mine is not backlit but it has a two temp memory. I take my temp in the dark, in the middle of the night and then just go right back to sleep. I wake up and check the temp history and log it then