Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Ava Ovulation Tracker

1. Senior Member

Ava Ovulation Tracker

Advertisements
    Has anyone heard about this?

Ovulation Tracking Bracelet | Ava

I read that they have a paper coming out on their research this summer, so I wouldn't even consider buying until reading that but I wanted to see if anyone had also heard of this. There WOULD be a "fertility fit-bit!"
  2. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Hey, this came up as an ad in my facebook feed and I had my dad, who is an OBGYN, look into it. Apparently they just published the results of their clinical study and presented the paper at the SGGG conference in Switzerland—they identified an average of 5.3 fertile days in "real time" in the current cycle, rather than projecting onto the next cycle like with BBT charting. This is pretty cool for women like me who don't ovulate on exactly the same day every month. I went ahead and ordered one.
  3. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm interested in them for sure but I don't know that it's worth what they are selling them for on pre-order.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by linzarella View Post
    Hey, this came up as an ad in my facebook feed and I had my dad, who is an OBGYN, look into it. Apparently they just published the results of their clinical study and presented the paper at the SGGG conference in Switzerland—they identified an average of 5.3 fertile days in "real time" in the current cycle, rather than projecting onto the next cycle like with BBT charting. This is pretty cool for women like me who don't ovulate on exactly the same day every month. I went ahead and ordered one.
    have you looked at BBT and CF charting? aka syptothermal...because it definitely doesn't project into the next cycle but the current one.

I like the idea of this but I'm not sure I would actually trust it to be accurate...I mean it still relies on temperature so what if you sleep on you hand one night and it screws up the whole equation? Personally I like my thermometer and tracking app...its pretty easy and reliable and if I know a number is wonky I can disregard it.
  5. Senior Member
    It definitely is going to be on my radar. I think I need to hear more about it (more research, more papers) which I know takes time. But that's a lot of money for me to spend on something so new. linzarella will you update us when you get it and try it?!?