Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your thought?!

1. Senior Member

What are your thought?!

Advertisements
    We have been TTC now for about 6 months. I downloaded one of those apps to help me keep track of everything better lol. We recently moved from NJ to CA and last month I was almost three weeks late for my period and I had no symptoms at all so I didn't get my hopes up and told myself that it was from the stress from the move across the country, and I guess I was right because sure enough AF did come. May 9th was my last period and other then last month my cycle is normally 28 days so I would have been due for my period this month on June 6th. I am 6 days late, I am exhausted, and I have been nauseous as heck randomly and today my breasts are sore (but that happens when AF is coming too so that means nothing to me lol). DH bought me a test Tuesday night and it was negative I guess my question is that is it possible for my cycle to be different now because of how late my period was last month? and how long do you all wait to take a test? I know Tuesday was early because I was like a day late but I was just curious and had one laying around and with my son I checked when I was a day late and got a positive lol so I figured why not?
    just keep swimming
  2. Senior Member
    Just take the test.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Just take the test.
    She has but it was negative.

It could be possible that your cycle got messed up and that you just took the test too early. I would try again around now and maybe again in a day or two
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    She has but it was negative.

It could be possible that your cycle got messed up and that you just took the test too early. I would try again around now and maybe again in a day or two
    Yeah but if she was already late and now it's been like five more days, I don't think it makes much of a difference whether she takes it now or in a few days. Even if you ovulated late now should've been enough time. If it's still negative consider seeing a doctor.
  5. Senior Member
    You were THREE weeks late and never tested??? And you normally have regular 28 day cycles? Okayyyyy...

Well anyways, yeah it could just be your body being messed up for who-knows-what reason bodies just do some weird ass shit sometimes. Or you could be pregnant. Only way your gunna know is to take a test. If it's negative and your period still doesn't show up I'd make a doctors appointment to see wtf is going on.
  6. Senior Member
    I would just take another test. I am sure by now it would show if you were pregnant.
  7. Senior Member
    I would re-test for sure.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    You were THREE weeks late and never tested??? And you normally have regular 28 day cycles? Okayyyyy...

Well anyways, yeah it could just be your body being messed up for who-knows-what reason bodies just do some weird ass shit sometimes. Or you could be pregnant. Only way your gunna know is to take a test. If it's negative and your period still doesn't show up I'd make a doctors appointment to see wtf is going on.
    I did take a test when I was THREE weeks late...it was negative but I wasn't too worried about the negative because of our move and the stress I was going through.

I took another yesterday and it was negative..idk wth is going on. I am going to make myself an appointment today and go from there.
    just keep swimming
  9. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    If you have enough hCG in your system for symptoms, you have enough to turn a test. If it is negative, you are not pregnant at this time. Do you normally have fairly regular 28 ish day cycles, or do you typically have longer (32+ day) cycles or shorter cycles (<23 days)? Those period tracker apps are not great tools for TTC since most women dont run on a perfect 28 day cycle- meaning they usually dont ovulate on day 14 and then period on day 28. Most women ovulate at day 18 and have a 10 day LP, or ovulate day 12 and have a 16 day LP etc.., so if you arent having sex every other day for basically your whole cycle, you may be missing your fertile window entirely if you are just going by the app.
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.VinoVet View Post
    If you have enough hCG in your system for symptoms, you have enough to turn a test. If it is negative, you are not pregnant at this time. Do you normally have fairly regular 28 ish day cycles, or do you typically have longer (32+ day) cycles or shorter cycles (<23 days)? Those period tracker apps are not great tools for TTC since most women dont run on a perfect 28 day cycle- meaning they usually dont ovulate on day 14 and then period on day 28. Most women ovulate at day 18 and have a 10 day LP, or ovulate day 12 and have a 16 day LP etc.., so if you arent having sex every other day for basically your whole cycle, you may be missing your fertile window entirely if you are just going by the app.
    I normally have a 28 day cycle and it is usually dead on. My last period was super late and I tested negative and eventually got my period. But I assumed it was from stress. Now I am over a week late and idk why. Is it possible for my cycle to change completely all because I was so late last month? Because that has never happened to me before.
    just keep swimming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast