Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Positive Opk?

1. I'm a time traveler. I point and laugh at archaeologists!
    I'm a time traveler. I point and laugh at archaeologists!

Positive Opk?

Advertisements
    Ok, you baby-making geniuses, I know this is silly, but I am confused about what the Opk actually means for some reason. A positive Tues and Wed, but negative today. So, has my window passed for this cycle or should we make another attempt tonight?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  2. I'm a time traveler. I point and laugh at archaeologists!
    Bump...Just for my awareness for next month. If anyone has any wisdom, it would be much appreciated.

3. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

With the OPK's, you're looking to see if there is a spike with LH hormone that your body will release when it is about to release an egg. A surge with the LH will mean you're in your fertile period and more likely to get pregnant if you engage in intercourse during that time frame! So you use the OPK's to detect that LH surge which will let you know you're fertile and give you a higher chance of conception if you have sex during that time! If you haven't gotten into charting, that can help as well to keep track of your cycles and let you know what days you will most likely be in your fertile window. A lot of girls on here use apps like Ovia or Period Tracker, Fertility Friend etc. to chart their cycles!

The thing with OPK's though is the control line and the test line both have to be dark to be considered a positive OPK. Test times may vary versus taking a HPT where you should test in the morning. Some women will have their LH surge closer in the afternoons and have a better chance of getting a positive OPK then!

Also, your egg is only viable for 12-24 hours after ovulation but sperm can live in your uterus for 3-5 days after sex. So it's a good idea when you're in your fertile window to try and get busy every day or every other day if your DH has a low count or something along those lines!

I think that covered a good portion of it but if you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask

4. I'm a time traveler. I point and laugh at archaeologists!
    Thanks a lot! You explained that very well