Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What tests are good now that FRER sucks?

1. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBär View Post
    Well crap, there goes that
    I actually still prefer Answer. I got a pretty good line with Answer just as early as I did with FRER when I tested, and from what I have seen, the Answer tests haven't changed. I actually haven't seen a bigger false positive rate in any of my TTC groups with the new FRERs lately. The first two weeks after they came out it seemed like a lot but it has gone back to how it always was with them since. So, I would personally still use them, but you know me... I test with 3-4 different brands every time anyway. I need to make sure EVERY PREGNANCY TEST EVER thinks I am pregnant, too.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaBär View Post
    Postwhoring it up, sorry, but I also want to note that clearly when it comes to HPTs these days, more expensive =/= more reliable. Don't fear the cheap pink dye tests.
    Lol, thanks for all the info! I'll be sure to come back to this thread if I have any 'oh no' moments
  3. Senior Member
    Guyz. I've never peed on a stick ( IUD) and I honestly had no idea there were so many. like, no idea. mind blown.

Carry on everyone.
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNTrish View Post
    Guyz. I've never peed on a stick ( IUD) and I honestly had no idea there were so many. like, no idea. mind blown.

Carry on everyone.
    I've made it to the age of 30 without ever peeing on a stick! I'm happy about that. My mother, not so much
  5. ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    ♡1 Peter 4:8 ♡
    Quote Originally Posted by CourtLove View Post
    So, what is the best option in the case of being scared and hoping for a negative symbol? Like, no expense spared, is it still better to go with the multiple IC's instead of one more expensive or possibly more reliable test?
    IMO, the walmart 88 cent pink dye tests are just as good; however, like OP said they do require a cup and a dropper (they include the dropper) so it's not exactly "peeing on a stick." If you're willing to pay for convenience, go for it, but I truly believe those cheap-y tests are equally as good as the $13 first response ones.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by KaityBug View Post
    IMO, the walmart 88 cent pink dye tests are just as good; however, like OP said they do require a cup and a dropper (they include the dropper) so it's not exactly "peeing on a stick." If you're willing to pay for convenience, go for it, but I truly believe those cheap-y tests are equally as good as the $13 first response ones.
    thanks! I usually have left over plastic cups from parties and things, so that wouldn't be a problem for me.
  7. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I use the walmart ones too, the 88 cent ones I got a bunch of cheapies online when I was testing for kid #2. I got walmart ones with #3
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNTrish View Post

Carry on everyone.
    Haha I only have a few times. a few months ago my period was FIVE DAYS late, I didn't really feel like I was pregnant at all but I figured I'd take a test just to make it show up. It worked
  9. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    I have actually peed on a stick and in that moment got my period. I was equally relieved and furious I had wasted money on a test.

10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitla View Post
    I have actually peed on a stick and in that moment got my period. I was equally relieved and furious I had wasted money on a test.
    This happened to me last year the day I met Andrea at Spang! My hormones were being funky and my boobs were on FIYAH, so I grabbed the test while we were at the BX...got home, sat down to pee, insta-AF.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123