Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Am I Selfish?

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Sad Am I Selfish?

Advertisements
    I posted earlier this week about being confused about not knowing what was going on with my body here lately, and I followed alot of the advice I was to just go back to the doctor again to see what was going on. After another saline infused sonogram, ultrasound, and blood work to test everything known to man, my doctor just tells me, "the only thing I can think of is your body isn't ovulating the way it should." Well needless to say I broke down to tears. That is not what I wanted to hear. With THREE pregnant friends, one of which just delivered on Tuesday, I've been having a hard time with it. I went to visit with her and the baby last night and I cried with joy and with grief at the same time. Am I being selfish because I am sad for myself at the same time I am so happy for her?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Totally normal and selfish it's not. You are allowed to have those feelings! It's okay to be sad (and probably jealous, speaking from experience) for yourself and what is not right now - but may be in the future - and be happy for your friend's happiness and family. It's horrible to try and try and try and watch what seems to be everyone else get pregnant and have their babies and you're still 'spinning the wheels', so to speak.
  3. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    If you're being selfish then so am I, we are struggling with TTC issues right now and I was put on BC to regulate my cycles because I'm also not ovulating normally. At the same time all of this is happening my BFF who didn't want kids all of the sudden accidentally got pregnant and I'm GREEN with envy!

IMO, it's not selfish to feel jealous of the things that people have that you want as long as you're not bitter or angry with the people in your life that are pregnant as it's not their fault you're having issues. If you ever need someone to talk to PM me!

4. Senior Member
    Awwww I think your feelings are valid.
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  5. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.

Nope it's not selfish, it's pretty normal honestly. When I found out my little sister was pregnant after my husband and I have been trying for over 2 years now, I was devastated. At the same time though, I was so happy for her because she had issues of her own she had been going through and I was going to get to be an aunt! It is really hard, some days more than others, but from what the doctor told you, it seems like you guys could put a plan into place to try and correct the ovulation issues! There are medications that help with timing ovulation and getting it more on point, did they talk to you at all about a plan of action to treat you?

I am really sorry you are dealing with this though there are a lot of ladies on here who have had a lot of TTC issues and there is a lot of support/advice to be found as well! But it is totally okay to feel selfish and hurt