Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Help?!

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Confused Help?!

Advertisements
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

So here is my predicament. I've been on birth control on and off since I was about 15, I am now 23. My period has always been kind of irregular but I had been told that was normal. Well within the last year I've noticed I will spot about halfway through my cycle and then get my period as "scheduled" (I use that term loosely). Well I never got my period at the end of August so I went 6 weeks without my period and my doctor did a pregnancy test and it came up negative so she had me restart my birth control immediately. The first 5 days on my active pills I bled so bad and cramped so bad it felt like someone was trying to hollow me out. Well here I am 3 weeks later and I still haven't had my period so now that is the SECOND missed period in a row. What is wrong with me? I haven't had any major life stress, I eat healthy, workout regularly, am finally at a healthy weight, do not smoke, and drink maybe 2-3 times a month. I have no clue what's going on. I had an ultrasound and saline infused sonogram done where they found a 5 mm cyst on my right ovary but that has been there for a while and I have ovarian cysts that come and go.
  2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I'd say give your doctor a call and see if there's anything else she can do to help you figure this out. Hope you're feeling okay!
  3. Senior Member
    Awww I really have no advive besides speaking to your doctor again. I really hope you get it figured out sonn!
    "She knew she loved him when 'home' went from being a place to being a person."
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    An ovarian cyst can cause you to miss periods; I speak from experience. Get to a doc and see if they agree. Good luck!
  5. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Thanks guys! I just have this horrible feeling something isn't right. I just really want everything to be okay because having children is at the top of my bucket list in life and I couldn't imagine my life without it and I know that having children in the future is super important to DB so I want everything to be alright.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBelle View Post
    Thanks guys! I just have this horrible feeling something isn't right. I just really want everything to be okay because having children is at the top of my bucket list in life and I couldn't imagine my life without it and I know that having children in the future is super important to DB so I want everything to be alright.
  7. Senior Member
    Just a question? Have you lost weight rapidly recently? That could cause issues with your period.
  8. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by irish85 View Post
    Just a question? Have you lost weight rapidly recently? That could cause issues with your period.
    I've lost about 60 pounds in the past year or so but the last 10 have been in the past 3 months or so.